Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone receive the new Dooney suede hobo logo?

@1Professor wrote:

Well, since I DO love the pebble hobo logo (and its size), I went ahead and ordered the suede, in charcoal. Willing to send it back.

I will meticulously compare them. If the suede hobo is only a BIT smaller, it's a deal, since I expect, from the online reviews, the sueded leather to be lush.

My favorite handbags are the hobos: the Roma 2 and the hobo logo.

LOL I think you should post pictures of both with measuring tapes. I have no idea why this is even a controversy anymore though. Blingqueen posted in her "clearing up the controversy" thread that her suede LL is 12 1/2 inches across the bottom, and I posted a pic of mine showing the pebble leather version is also 12 1/2 inches across the bottom. You'd think that would settle it but she still insists the suede is smaller, even though her measurements and mine are the same. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

Well, since I DO love the pebble hobo logo (and its size), I went ahead and ordered the suede, in charcoal. Willing to send it back.

I will meticulously compare them. If the suede hobo is only a BIT smaller, it's a deal, since I expect, from the online reviews, the sueded leather to be lush.

LOL I think you should post pictures of both with measuring tapes. I have no idea why this is even a controversy anymore though. Blingqueen posted in her "clearing up the controversy" thread that her suede LL is 12 1/2 inches across the bottom, and I posted a pic of mine showing the pebble leather version is also 12 1/2 inches across the bottom. You'd think that would settle it but she still insists the suede is smaller, even though her measurements and mine are the same. 

If you read the entire thread you would have known what I have said here and it's meaning.  Apparently posters aren't reading or they just want it their way.   I will no longer offer any help whatsoever anymore on the boards.  Posters only hear what they want to hear.  It's not worth getting aggravated over something .i truly  stated here.  Just too trivial.  

Esteemed Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@JAXS mom wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

If you read the entire thread you would have known what I have said here and it's meaning.  Apparently posters aren't reading or they just want it their way.   I will no longer offer any help whatsoever anymore on the boards.  Posters only hear what they want to hear.  It's not worth getting aggravated over something .i truly  stated here.  Just too trivial.  

As far as I'm concerned this thread has the measles.  I will not be back on this thread.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor wrote:

a269013_264.102.jpeg

I totally avoided this bag due to some early (mis)information that this bag was SMALLER than the pebble leather hobo logo. 

Today Sue Clifton actually said they were the exact same size, to my surprise, and I adore the size of my 3 hobo logos in pebble leather. 

As waves of Purse-Wanting wash over me, can anyone who has BOTH offer a few words?

Actually, I'd like it if it were smaller!  In fact I would be all over this bag if it were about 12" wide.  I love the wine one!

Contributor

Nice bag! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Jaxs Mom @stevieb + other Dooney hobo lovers:

Just received my charcoal suede hobo logo.

Measured it next to a pebble leather version.

IDENTICAL! Same width, height, length across the bottom, across the widest point.

** I remain aghast that a Dooney rep would claim on air that the suede version is smaller. ** [Of course, life has SO many other more important things to find oneself aghast at.]

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting 1Prof, how do you like the charcoal color? It was a pretty color on screen. Although I liked the wine color best I think. 

I hear you on them claiming it's "slightly" smaller. How is it that we get on air measuring of every item in the jewelry shows but not the handbag ones? Especially since QVC doesn't just use Dooney's official measurements. 

I remember when I bought my Logo Lock and posted about it, I was concerned because QVC listed it as 17 inches but TK posted after measuring hers and confirmed it wasn't actually 17 inches but 12 1/2ish.

Anyway, I got a new bag today also. My Oryany Dana Diamond in black with purple arrived. I got it on a screaming deal at 60% off and it came brand new in all original packaging. The zipper works fine too ( there were some complaints about the zippers).  

Enjoy your new bag!

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@JAXS mom:

Love the suede! It's actually much softer than the pebble leather! The charcoal is wonderful (I only have 1 black bag, so this fills in), my second choice would have been the honey.

I will say that the leather strap (which is not suede) is a bit stiffer on the shoulder than the pebble leather of the other hobo logo is, if that might bother anyone. Not bad, but definitely stiffer. Should soften up with use.

Respected Contributor

It's now available in all colors in the "As Is" version, item # A274930, for about $100 less. I ordered both the honey and royal blue colors.  I'm hoping at least one of them will come with the kiss-lock purse (hopefully both)!

Respected Contributor

I received the as is version today in honey and royal blue.  Both came with all accessories, tags, etc.  The suede version does appear to be smaller than the leather one.  It might be the measurement across the top that makes the difference.  I no longer have the leather one to compare.