Honored Contributor

Any Dooney Fan remember this Bag?

With all the talk about tartan, I pulled out my red Dooney wool tote.

It is made with real fabric, has a brown suede bottom. It has a two part gold duck tag,

I love it and it looks like new.

Does anyone else remember this bag? What was it called? It's probably 10 years old or so.

QVC sold them, but I think I got it from Dooney. I also have a black watch wristlet - same wool material.

TIA, Dooney ladies!

Honored Contributor

Re: Any Dooney Fan remember this Bag?

I own several Dooney bags and I've bought them for my daughter.  I haven't bought any since they changed their logo.  I really dislike that now logo.

Honored Contributor

@terrier3  I remember that bag because I had it on my wish list (to think about buying) for a long time and remember when the price got reduced to about $137 i almost bought it but didn't.  I remember it came in a red background, and a white background (the white was on my wish list) and I think the navy background too.  I remember the brown suede on it also.  I have no idea what it was called.   There are times when I wish I'd bought it. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I own several Dooney bags and I've bought them for my daughter.  I haven't bought any since they changed their logo.  I really dislike that now logo.

I'm not a big fan of the new spelled out logo either.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@terrier3  I remember that bag because I had it on my wish list (to think about buying) for a long time and remember when the price got reduced to about $137 i almost bought it but didn't.  I remember it came in a red background, and a white background (the white was on my wish list) and I think the navy background too.  I remember the brown suede on it also.  I have no idea what it was called.   There are times when I wish I'd bought it. 

I was on the verge of giving it to Goodwill a few months ago.

Plaid is "in" and I'm glad I saved it!

I got the red bag, but since I touch my wristlet a lot more often, I bought the dark navy/green Watch plaid version.

They trot out the coated canvas tartan every year - I wonder why they retire the wool version?

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I was on the verge of giving it to Goodwill a few months ago.

Plaid is "in" and I'm glad I saved it!

I got the red bag, but since I touch my wristlet a lot more often, I bought the dark navy/green Watch plaid version.

They trot out the coated canvas tartan every year - I wonder why they retire the wool version?

Wool is a lot more expensive that coated cotton.  Frankly, one reason I didn't ever get the wool was it'd be very hard to clean.  I like bags I can use wipes on to wipe off germs, etc.  Both the wool and the sueded were deterrants to my purchasing that bag.  It's beautiful though and a great size.