Honored Contributor

Re: Adventures of the Handbag Sisterhood... The Saga Continues

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

Ok I watched the midnight Dooney show, I set it to record. Well I mean I watched the first part of the presentation of the TSV. That has got to be one of the ugliest bags I've seen in I don't know how long. It's just so plain, and no outside pockets at all? And it's so tall, even worse with that fold over top. Yuck Yuck Yuck. While I do actually like the look of buckles on the strap, my hair always gets caught in them. I hate to say it, but that bag just looks cheap. There are tons of actual stylish bags that are well made in that price range. I don't like the tone of the colors either. 

JM, I fear perhaps we're beating a very deceased horse, but I completely agree with everything you've said. On another thread, I said 'bland' is as nice I can get with regard to that bag. It's just so plain and the colors are just strange. Others might like it, hey, it's a very individual thing, but I have to wonder how many just get caught up in the whole 'it's a Dooney and it's a TSV' thing... Otherwise, I can't see it. As noted, there are many options for the price.

@stevieb@jaxs mom: Agreed. And also, it's easy to get caught up in all the bright, spring-y colors, after a long winter. The thing that bothers me most about the bag, besides the shiny look of this type of leather, is the very deep, boxy bottom that protrudes awkwardly when the bag is worn on the shoulder.

Oh gosh yea, @handygal2... All the above and yes, about the botton, there's that too. I'm telling you, it's a feed bag...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@EdithEllenLily Did you see my post about what you use for your Master List?

@Sister Golden Hair Sister, I know EEL responded somewhere before. But I don't remember what post number. Your tag doesn't always hyperlink. Smiley Sad

@Sister Golden Hair@Serendipity Unless it's it's the 5 suggested names, I can NEVER get @Sister Golden Hair's name to hyperlink.Woman Sad

I know... it's hard to capture Sister unless her name comes up. Otherwise, I have to go back and find a link to copy and paste or one of her posts to which to respond.

@stevieb: l think it's b/c @Sister Golden Hair's name has spaces in it. It would need to be "SisterGoldenHair," (like EdithEllenLily)-- with no spaces-- in order to hyperlink. Maybe it would be worthwhile for you to modify your nic that way Sister, so that all of us can better get your attention! LOL.

I think you're right @handygal2 and have thought the same thing. Sister @Sister Golden Hair, why don't you give that some thought. It would make it a lot easier for your sisters to communicate with you.

Woman Wink

Hi @stevieb and @handygal2@ and @Sister Golden Hair...... do you have trouble with my screen name since I have spaces?  If so I might modify my name with no spaces.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

So UPS notified me that my Danielle bag in white will be delivered Tuesday and I was able to order the Mindy bag on my QVC phone app. And I got the confirmation email so I know it went through. 

Well, haven't we just been a busy litle bee this morning @jaxs mom... Woman Very Happy  Tuesday...? Dang, that's sorta slow, I'd say. So you got the Mindy in flame, I'm assuming?

Hoping you're feeling better this AM. I had trouble falling asleep AGAIN last night, but didn't want to take anything as potent as I'd taken earlier in the week, so took a little swig of Nyquil. It did the trick. Some blasted telemarketer woke me a little after nine. I swear they should all be gelded... But I went back to sleep and didn't arise until after eleven, which would be somewhat decadent had I drifted off earlier than the nearly four AM time that I did...

Sorry you had trouble sleeping again @stevieb. I've heard that if you go to sleep and get up at the same time each day, you will sleep better. And, if you exercise each day, even just walking, it can help (but don't exercise within couple hours of bedtime because this can keep you awake). Also, be careful about any sleep meds...I'm sure you know they can be habitual and cause the drowsiness the next day. Oh boy, here I go again harpin' on meds...only because I care. Heart Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity and @stevieb .. last night DH and I had a small glass of the chocolate liquor from my parents' home town.  It was delicious .... and due to the level of the alcohol content I slept like a baby all night!!

Sounds good @Boehm Collector... Nyquil did the job for me... 

Woman Surprised

Hi @stevieb .. I used to take Nyquil too when I had trouble sleeping.  Can't do that anymore because I have high blood pressure.

Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

So UPS notified me that my Danielle bag in white will be delivered Tuesday and I was able to order the Mindy bag on my QVC phone app. And I got the confirmation email so I know it went through. 

Well, haven't we just been a busy litle bee this morning @jaxs mom... Woman Very Happy  Tuesday...? Dang, that's sorta slow, I'd say. So you got the Mindy in flame, I'm assuming?

Hoping you're feeling better this AM. I had trouble falling asleep AGAIN last night, but didn't want to take anything as potent as I'd taken earlier in the week, so took a little swig of Nyquil. It did the trick. Some blasted telemarketer woke me a little after nine. I swear they should all be gelded... But I went back to sleep and didn't arise until after eleven, which would be somewhat decadent had I drifted off earlier than the nearly four AM time that I did...

LOL I sent back two bags and bought two bags in the last couple weeks. Yes, I ended up buying the flame Mindy. I hope I like the mahogany suede body. I already have a bag with purple and I didn't want the olive suede on the purple option. I wish I'd bought the black when I first saw it though. Oh well. 

So far I feel better today, but the test will be when I finally eat something. I just felt so nausous last night. And the sinus part of the strep throat is really dragging on for both my daughter and I. 

I'm glad you got a decent nights sleep! Stupid telemarketers though, I hear you. I'm on the do not call list and I still regularly get a call from the same one on a regular basis. And you can't even add them to your do not ring list because they use so many different numbers. 

I can't wait until my black velvet boots arrive. 

Oh my about your illness and your daughter's @jaxs mom!! I hope it leaves both of your systems soon! So glad you got the Mindy! I watched the video and think it's cool the way it opens and the pockets inside and the roomy interior both look great. The purple one looks interesting to me...Woman Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I just got up, so I need to catch up on the thread, but I just noticed the Oryany Mindy bag I've been coveting went on clearance and dropped $110.00. I put the flame one in my cart and now I have to figure out if I'm going to finally click order. A258153

Nice bag @jaxs mom. Did you finally cave?!?!  I know @stevieb doesn't care much for OrYany bags but I cannot recall the reasons why.  Sometimes I will find an OrYany bag I like but never purchase because of @stevieb's opinion... even if for the life of my I don't remember what that might be. LOL

Now, now, to be fair @Boehm Collector, I own a couple of oryany bags that I like and I tend to like their leather and some of their styles. My issues with them have tended to be that they're so narrow and their hardware is too large and industrial. That said, they do make several bags I find interesting.

Okay ... @stevieb.. I will have to take a closer look at the orYany bags.

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I'll catch up tomorrow, I'm feeling really horrible and I'm going to bed. Hope everyone had/s a good night. 

@jaxs mom How are you feeling today? Were you able to get more sleep? I hope you're not feeling sick...I think you just recovered from a bug! Woman Surprised

I'm not totally sure how I feel yet. I felt better this morning, but now not to much. I did eat some soup. It's mostly my stomach so I don't think it's related to the strep throat that I had a few weeks ago. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Yes, I'm packing it in too ladies... I have to say, though, as my parting words for the evening and with absolutely no intent to insult anyone who might feel differently, but that Dooney TSV is heinous. I don't like anything about it... I actually think it's downright unattractive. 

Woman Surprised

I'd also note that they really might have suggested to the host that she step it up a notch. When you're selling handbags for several hundred dollars each, it sort of helps to look the part... I don't care for Amy anyway, but the worn, faded jean jacket, cute as it might be for an appropriate venue, lacks something...

I tuned in just long enough to see the TSV, but that was all I wanted to see. I did hear, though, that they're now calling 'hot picks' something like 'top finds'...  Wow, aren't they innovative...

Good night all...

Woman Wink

@stevieb OMGosh StevieB.  Everything you said here is so true.  I'm thrilled I was able to cancel my previous order for the tsv bag.  I would have been livid if I couldn't.  It's a monster of a bag!!  It didn't even look good when the models were carrying it.  It's way too tall in height.  I'm glad I fell asleep before it was presented.  Just watching the video was enough for me..  

I'm happy for you @BlingQueen022 that you could cancel. It really was jaw droppingly awful (again, that's just my opinion) and my eyes actually bugged out when I saw it. One thing for sure, other than this being fully appropriate for a new Dooney "feedbag" line, there's nothing about it they can call 'equestrian'....

Woman Very Happy

@stevieb I agree with you 100 percent.  I would have only used this bag once and then it would have sat in my closet forever. I don't regret cancelling at all. 

I have to say StevieB, I'm so excited over the new nylon hobo lock bag.  The black that I ordered and that you said you have a black one I can see why you love yours.  That nylon black hobo lock bag is super gorgeous.  What a surprise it was to have that black bag with the new Khaki lining.  Super gorgeous.  I'm thrilled with this purchase.  One thing I love about the black over the rest of the colors is that fact you don't see the wrinkles that much in the nylon compared to the lighter colors.  

@BlingQueen022 I ordered the nylon hobo logo lock in tomato!! I love that darker, 'blue red' color! I watched the video and saw the khaki lining in your black and am seriously thinking about ordering the black like you, too! Woman Surprised I think this is a bag for the ages...very practical and comfortable...and I love the kiss lock! Heart I hope you love your new black bag when it arrives! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend, EEL Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

LOL I sent back two bags and bought two bags in the last couple weeks. Yes, I ended up buying the flame Mindy. I hope I like the mahogany suede body. I already have a bag with purple and I didn't want the olive suede on the purple option. I wish I'd bought the black when I first saw it though. Oh well. 

So far I feel better today, but the test will be when I finally eat something. I just felt so nausous last night. And the sinus part of the strep throat is really dragging on for both my daughter and I. 

I'm glad you got a decent nights sleep! Stupid telemarketers though, I hear you. I'm on the do not call list and I still regularly get a call from the same one on a regular basis. And you can't even add them to your do not ring list because they use so many different numbers. 

I can't wait until my black velvet boots arrive. 

Oh my about your illness and your daughter's @jaxs mom!! I hope it leaves both of your systems soon! So glad you got the Mindy! I watched the video and think it's cool the way it opens and the pockets inside and the roomy interior both look great. The purple one looks interesting to me...Woman Surprised

@EdithEllenLily I think the purple is pretty, I was torn between the two when I first saw them but in the meantime I'd bought another Oryany that had purple accents so it made it easier to choose the flame. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

NOW it can be told... 

So I opened the oryany this AM and I love the color and I love the leather... The bag is in good shape, though the zipper pulls are a little crimped from being packaged, but they'll probably straighten up,. There's also one minuscule spot in the leather that I wouldn't give a second thought... All that said, I'm concerned about the fold over top. I don't like them and it doesn't seem to want to sit right, but I'll play with it and see. And, as is often the case, I'm concerned about the depth and whether or not this bag will effectively hold what I need it to hold, and whether the closure will stay closed when it's loaded up. Overall, I like the look of the bag, but the jury is still out as to whether or not I'll keep it...

Adding insult to injury... it doesn't rain that it pours. After literally months (if not years) of looking for a good olive bag, today I saw another I like quite a bit and it's even less costly... It's a larger bag, but not very deep either and it goes without saying, it's a completely different look...

Let us know what you think of the olive Danielle after you load it up and parade around with it @steviebWoman LOL For as-is, it sounds like you received a good one! The other bag you posted is cool; it looks distressed. Decisions, decisions...Woman Happy