Honored Contributor

Re: Adventures of the Handbag Sisterhood... The Saga Continues

Good gravy, it's after 2 PM. All right, that's it for a while. I am one exceedingly hot mess. Haven't done a thing to myself, and it's time for me to go pretty myself up, as best one can... and start thinking about some lunch... Hope to see everyone later...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

Ok I watched the midnight Dooney show, I set it to record. Well I mean I watched the first part of the presentation of the TSV. That has got to be one of the ugliest bags I've seen in I don't know how long. It's just so plain, and no outside pockets at all? And it's so tall, even worse with that fold over top. Yuck Yuck Yuck. While I do actually like the look of buckles on the strap, my hair always gets caught in them. I hate to say it, but that bag just looks cheap. There are tons of actual stylish bags that are well made in that price range. I don't like the tone of the colors either. 

JM, I fear perhaps we're beating a very deceased horse, but I completely agree with everything you've said. On another thread, I said 'bland' is as nice I can get with regard to that bag. It's just so plain and the colors are just strange. Others might like it, hey, it's a very individual thing, but I have to wonder how many just get caught up in the whole 'it's a Dooney and it's a TSV' thing... Otherwise, I can't see it. As noted, there are many options for the price.

@stevieb@jaxs mom: Agreed. And also, it's easy to get caught up in all the bright, spring-y colors, after a long winter. The thing that bothers me most about the bag, besides the shiny look of this type of leather, is the very deep, boxy bottom that protrudes awkwardly when the bag is worn on the shoulder.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just chopped a bunch of veg and some cooked chicken to make a pot of chicken noodle soup. I'm just waiting for it to be hot so I can cook the egg noddles. That's going to be my breakfast. Well not the whole pot lol. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@stevieb did you open that box?

Nope @jaxs mom... And as some of the others can tell you, I can be a little weird about opening packages... Sometimes I wait literally weeks to open things... but I won't with this one. I want to know if it's staying or going so if it's the latter, I can pack it up and move it out on Monday. I'll probably open it later tonight, tomorrow or Sunday...

Yes, I'm fairly close but even so, the speed of this arrival breaks all records. Hope yours comes soon.

LOL, @stevieb. You're keeping us all in suspense!

@handygal2 Honestly. @stevieb You're killing me! I actually really hope you really really like it since you've been searching for an olive bag for so long and you got a good price on it. It's a working weekend for me so I hope you do the honors sooner rather than later. How will I concentrate??? LOL.

You'll have to persevere @Serendipity... somehow...

Come on @stevieb .. you are torturing us wth the suspense!!!!

Ladies, ladies, ladies... COPE WITH IT...

Woman Very Happy

@stevieb The Q should have sent @jaxs mom her package faster and put your on the Pony Express.

Now, now @Serendipity, there's no need to get testy... I mean after all, I'm already highly insulted that you virtually withdrew your comments about me and my convertible being precious...

Now, I'm taking a little break because I NEED some chocolate and I NEED it right now...

@stevieb LOL. OK, you can be precious in college too. Smiley Very Happy Enjoy the chocolate. I bought a chocolate chip cookie and just discovered it was burnt. Smiley Sad 

I'm sorry @Serendipity, I really am, but for some reason this just cracked me up...

Back later, more than likely...

@stevieb I think it was her cadence, which to me sounds quite British. Considering @Serendipity has a lot of books and is likely a big reader, this may be why. But who really knows, because Sunshine is very mysterious, especially with her work projects that may involve the pencils she carries...Woman Wink I'm thinking artist or architect, possibly. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily OK speaking of tangents, I Love Lucy to Brown Derby to William Holden to Judy Holliday to Born Yesterday. Did you ever see that movie? The 1950 version. It was filmed on location in DC. One of the few Hollywood movies from that era that was. One of my favorite movies of all time. Heart

No @Serendipity, I haven't seen that movie! Will need to do so if it's so good! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@EdithEllenLily Did you see my post about what you use for your Master List?

Yes, I wrote you back @Sister Golden Hair. I'll try to write you about it again when I see you posting because it's hard to find messages long ago with the rate we post! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

I am loving this vintage handbag.  I would est. its age at about 55 years old

VINTAGE-WOVEN-WICKER-BOX-PURSE-RATTAN-HANDLES-HANDMADE-BRITISH-HONG-KONG

It is 8 bucks!

Cute... puts me in the mind of Sophia Petrillo...

Woman Very Happy

How about this Henri Bendel straw version I saw in People Style Magazine.

@stevieb@Serendipity@EdithEllenLily@shoekitty

image.jpeg

I love this handbag @skyblue! Thanks for posting it! I will try to find it when I go back to Henri Bendel, which is definitely my new favorite! Heart

Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I'll catch up tomorrow, I'm feeling really horrible and I'm going to bed. Hope everyone had/s a good night. 

@jaxs mom How are you feeling today? Were you able to get more sleep? I hope you're not feeling sick...I think you just recovered from a bug! Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair

I still wear hats!  Not as often as I did in the 90's and early 2000's.  I love them, and they are great when my red hair clashes with my gray roots!!

@shoekitty You and I are hair sisters! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@stevieb did you open that box?

Nope @jaxs mom... And as some of the others can tell you, I can be a little weird about opening packages... Sometimes I wait literally weeks to open things... but I won't with this one. I want to know if it's staying or going so if it's the latter, I can pack it up and move it out on Monday. I'll probably open it later tonight, tomorrow or Sunday...

Yes, I'm fairly close but even so, the speed of this arrival breaks all records. Hope yours comes soon.

LOL, @stevieb. You're keeping us all in suspense!

@handygal2 Honestly. @stevieb You're killing me! I actually really hope you really really like it since you've been searching for an olive bag for so long and you got a good price on it. It's a working weekend for me so I hope you do the honors sooner rather than later. How will I concentrate??? LOL.

You'll have to persevere @Serendipity... somehow...

Come on @stevieb .. you are torturing us wth the suspense!!!!

Ladies, ladies, ladies... COPE WITH IT...

Woman Very Happy

@stevieb The Q should have sent @jaxs mom her package faster and put your on the Pony Express.

Now, now @Serendipity, there's no need to get testy... I mean after all, I'm already highly insulted that you virtually withdrew your comments about me and my convertible being precious...

Now, I'm taking a little break because I NEED some chocolate and I NEED it right now...

@stevieb LOL. OK, you can be precious in college too. Smiley Very Happy Enjoy the chocolate. I bought a chocolate chip cookie and just discovered it was burnt. Smiley Sad 

I'm sorry @Serendipity, I really am, but for some reason this just cracked me up...

Back later, more than likely...

@stevieb I think it was her cadence, which to me sounds quite British. Considering @Serendipity has a lot of books and is likely a big reader, this may be why. But who really knows, because Sunshine is very mysterious, especially with her work projects that may involve the pencils she carries...Woman Wink I'm thinking artist or architect, possibly. Woman Happy

Nope @EdithEllenLily... It was just the 'can't win for losing' vibe... I bought a cookie... and discovered it's burnt... A little more than half empty...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...