Honored Contributor

Re: Adventures of the Handbag Sisterhood... The Saga Continues

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

So UPS notified me that my Danielle bag in white will be delivered Tuesday and I was able to order the Mindy bag on my QVC phone app. And I got the confirmation email so I know it went through. 

Well, haven't we just been a busy litle bee this morning @jaxs mom... Woman Very Happy  Tuesday...? Dang, that's sorta slow, I'd say. So you got the Mindy in flame, I'm assuming?

Hoping you're feeling better this AM. I had trouble falling asleep AGAIN last night, but didn't want to take anything as potent as I'd taken earlier in the week, so took a little swig of Nyquil. It did the trick. Some blasted telemarketer woke me a little after nine. I swear they should all be gelded... But I went back to sleep and didn't arise until after eleven, which would be somewhat decadent had I drifted off earlier than the nearly four AM time that I did...

LOL I sent back two bags and bought two bags in the last couple weeks. Yes, I ended up buying the flame Mindy. I hope I like the mahogany suede body. I already have a bag with purple and I didn't want the olive suede on the purple option. I wish I'd bought the black when I first saw it though. Oh well. 

So far I feel better today, but the test will be when I finally eat something. I just felt so nausous last night. And the sinus part of the strep throat is really dragging on for both my daughter and I. 

I'm glad you got a decent nights sleep! Stupid telemarketers though, I hear you. I'm on the do not call list and I still regularly get a call from the same one on a regular basis. And you can't even add them to your do not ring list because they use so many different numbers. 

I can't wait until my black velvet boots arrive. 

I sympathize @jaxs mom... My sinuses rarely give me a break...

Isn't it the truth about those blasted telemarketers. I've had the same people call me from numbers all over the freakin' county...

The black velvet boots sound cool...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb .. I just watched a video of the TSV... and it looks like the bag Sue presented had that dreaded pink lining!!!  

Well if it does @Boehm Collector, that cinches it... This one could well be in the running for the ugliest Dooney bag ever made...

Smiley Wink

lolol 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

NOW it can be told... 

So I opened the oryany this AM and I love the color and I love the leather... The bag is in good shape, though the zipper pulls are a little crimped from being packaged, but they'll probably straighten up,. There's also one minuscule spot in the leather that I wouldn't give a second thought... All that said, I'm concerned about the fold over top. I don't like them and it doesn't seem to want to sit right, but I'll play with it and see. And, as is often the case, I'm concerned about the depth and whether or not this bag will effectively hold what I need it to hold, and whether the closure will stay closed when it's loaded up. Overall, I like the look of the bag, but the jury is still out as to whether or not I'll keep it...

Adding insult to injury... it doesn't rain that it pours. After literally months (if not years) of looking for a good olive bag, today I saw another I like quite a bit and it's even less costly... It's a larger bag, but not very deep either and it goes without saying, it's a completely different look...

Honored Contributor

I like that bag you posted. 

As far as the Oryany one you got, I've never had anything fall out of the fold over even when the bag has fallen over. I put stuff in my new ones and then hang it on a door knob and it slouches well. 

Honored Contributor

Ok I watched the midnight Dooney show, I set it to record. Well I mean I watched the first part of the presentation of the TSV. That has got to be one of the ugliest bags I've seen in I don't know how long. It's just so plain, and no outside pockets at all? And it's so tall, even worse with that fold over top. Yuck Yuck Yuck. While I do actually like the look of buckles on the strap, my hair always gets caught in them. I hate to say it, but that bag just looks cheap. There are tons of actual stylish bags that are well made in that price range. I don't like the tone of the colors either. 

Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

Ok I watched the midnight Dooney show, I set it to record. Well I mean I watched the first part of the presentation of the TSV. That has got to be one of the ugliest bags I've seen in I don't know how long. It's just so plain, and no outside pockets at all? And it's so tall, even worse with that fold over top. Yuck Yuck Yuck. While I do actually like the look of buckles on the strap, my hair always gets caught in them. I hate to say it, but that bag just looks cheap. There are tons of actual stylish bags that are well made in that price range. I don't like the tone of the colors either. 

JM, I fear perhaps we're beating a very deceased horse, but I completely agree with everything you've said. On another thread, I said 'bland' is as nice I can get with regard to that bag. It's just so plain and the colors are just strange. Others might like it, hey, it's a very individual thing, but I have to wonder how many just get caught up in the whole 'it's a Dooney and it's a TSV' thing... Otherwise, I can't see it. As noted, there are many options for the price.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

NOW it can be told... 

So I opened the oryany this AM and I love the color and I love the leather... The bag is in good shape, though the zipper pulls are a little crimped from being packaged, but they'll probably straighten up,. There's also one minuscule spot in the leather that I wouldn't give a second thought... All that said, I'm concerned about the fold over top. I don't like them and it doesn't seem to want to sit right, but I'll play with it and see. And, as is often the case, I'm concerned about the depth and whether or not this bag will effectively hold what I need it to hold, and whether the closure will stay closed when it's loaded up. Overall, I like the look of the bag, but the jury is still out as to whether or not I'll keep it...

Adding insult to injury... it doesn't rain that it pours. After literally months (if not years) of looking for a good olive bag, today I saw another I like quite a bit and it's even less costly... It's a larger bag, but not very deep either and it goes without saying, it's a completely different look...

Pretty bag also, @stevieb. Decisions, decisions...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Yes, the colors are a weird tone on the TSV. I can't quite figure out why. 

Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I like that bag you posted. 

As far as the Oryany one you got, I've never had anything fall out of the fold over even when the bag has fallen over. I put stuff in my new ones and then hang it on a door knob and it slouches well. 

I took it out and looked at it again. I'm not loving the zipper pulls, but then I don't tend to like 'exaggerated' zipper pulls. Period. As far as it goes, these aren't badly exaggerated, if they'll just straighten out. I do love the leather and the two inside zip pockets a lot. I'll keep it for a week or so and then decide. I'd prefer it a bit larger than it is, but am keeping an open mind and meanwhile, I think I'm going to order that other bag. The problem is that other bag can't be returned, which really ticks me off.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

NOW it can be told... 

Pretty bag also, @stevieb. Decisions, decisions...

Tell me about it @handygal2 !!  You know, I just need to STOP looking. That would solve the problem !!

Woman Very Happy