Honored Contributor

Adventures of the Handbag Sisterhood... The Saga Continues

Well handbag sisters, here we go again...

@EdithEllenLily@Boehm Collector@gramygram@NycVixen@Serendipity@Sister Golden Hair@skyblue @1Professor, @Foo Foo shi shi...

More than likely, some of these notification links aren't working, but I suspect we'll all catch on sooner rather than later...

Happy New Year, ladies...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Adventures of the Handbag Sisterhood... The Saga Continues

I decided I like the Halston a lot and so got it out of layaway, where it resided for exactly one day...

EEL @EdithEllenLily, to answer your question, the zippers expand the bag, there are no outside compartments and yes, it's a good size. Nice and deep. More satchels should be such a good size.

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening...

As an FYI, notifications links aren't coming up very well in this new thread. Once some of the names are established, I suspect they will.

Time to call it a night...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb I was wondering how long it would be till you bought that bagWoman LOL

It was a class act...thumbs upHeart

We have been bringing in the New Year starting in New York.

I'm waiting for our son to wake up in Sweden.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the new 2016 thread, @stevieb!

For this year, I'm committed to enjoying the handbags I have. Taking various little-used ones out for a drive. If I don't love using a model, it's getting gifted to someone else. By the end of the year, I want to be surrounded by favorites.

I just discovered Vera Bradley last week. Such happy patterns. Since I mostly dress in black-cream-grey pallettes, the brightly colored totes brighten up the look. Using them as totes, university-satchel, weekenders and keeping my Dooney-Coach-LVs as the "handbag" but adoring the VBs.

New favorites, like carrying a garden:

Vera-BradleyTeaGarden.jpg

Dogwood.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Happy New Year, all! (I can't deal with the Macro thing, lol).

Well, @stevieb, you started off the new year with a beautiful new bag, at a great price!! I received my much-touted P. Nash dark green & tan tote w/accessories yesterday, and it's a keeper. Since l admittedly overdid it with bag purchases during the last quarter 2015, l will probably be better-behaved for a while. (Stevie-- l can just hear you saying, "Yeah, right," lol). But you just set the precedent for all of us!!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @stevieb ... I knew you would come through for all your Handbag Sisters!!

Hope everyone 

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily @Serendipity @NycVixen @1Professor @skyblue @handygal @Sister Golden Hair @gramygram
@foo foo shi shi 

@tough_kitty @gramygram

had a great New Year's Eve!

DH and I spent it with my brother, his wife and my youngest niece (the 9 year old).  After the ball went down in Times Square we each had a small glass of champagne ,.. then went to sleep.  The older girls were out partying and still aren't back this morning.  Yesterday I prepared the stuffing for the turkey... and stuffed the bird.  It took me almost 3 1/2 hours to make the stuffing ..... because all the ingredients have to be cooked separately and then all are combined,  Then I had to clean up the mess in my kitchen.  In any event, DH said the stuffing came out really good.  Just hope everyone else likes it.  

Will try to check in again later.... but I am on DH computer and I may have trouble getting it away from him.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I decided I like the Halston a lot and so got it out of layaway, where it resided for exactly one day...

EEL @EdithEllenLily, to answer your question, the zippers expand the bag, there are no outside compartments and yes, it's a good size. Nice and deep. More satchels should be such a good size.

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening...

As an FYI, notifications links aren't coming up very well in this new thread. Once some of the names are established, I suspect they will.

Time to call it a night...

Hi @stevieb ... hope you enjoy your new handbag.  She certainly is a beauty!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@stevieb I was wondering how long it would be till you bought that bagWoman LOL

It was a class act...thumbs upHeart

We have been bringing in the New Year starting in New York.

I'm waiting for our son to wake up in Sweden.

Well @Sister Golden Hair... that bag has quite a story to tell... As I noted, I'd been gazing at it now for several months, never quite ready to pull the trigger, and somewhat surprised no one had bought it. Then, I saw it at the current price on Thursday evening, put it over my arm and walked around with it while I shopped, but ended up putting it back, still surprised no one had claimed the prize but sure someone would at the reduced price.. Got all the way home and said, oh what the heck... Drove all the way back and laid it away. Yesterday, I knew I wanted it and decided just to go and get it out. After all that, I better darn well love that bag!!

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Happy New Year, all! (I can't deal with the Macro thing, lol).

Well, @stevieb, you started off the new year with a beautiful new bag, at a great price!! I received my much-touted P. Nash dark green & tan tote w/accessories yesterday, and it's a keeper. Since l admittedly overdid it with bag purchases during the last quarter 2015, l will probably be better-behaved for a while. (Stevie-- l can just hear you saying, "Yeah, right," lol). But you just set the precedent for all of us!!

@handygal2...  Yeah right...

Hehehehehehe...

Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

Hello Ladies,

Happy New Year to you all! Just dropping by for a min...I'm actually away visiting in-laws but wanted to say hello and get a quick fix Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb...thanks for continuing the saga and love the Halston satchel...