Super Contributor

Re: ANYONE BUYING NEW DOONEY'S THIS WEEKEND???

@stevieb wrote:

@allthatsgood wrote:

Hey girl.....yes, it has been a long time, Stevieb. We will see about the Zip Barlow. Some of the reviews here on the Q haven't been positive because of shape and strap length. The reviews on Dooney.com have been good. I am small, so hopefully the strap will work. It is interesting that different sites that have the bag have it at different strap lengths. I guess I will see. I want one of the City bags, and had ordered the City Woven Small Barlow during the VIP sale. I soon realized that bag would be wayyyy to small and cancelled the order. I have a concern about this bag since it is embossed to look like like woven, will it start to wear, even though it is leather and show white underneath. Case in point, a review of the Claremont Woven Satchel shows a picture where the color has worn off and it's white underneath. Also, I wonder if these bags are going to show "corner wear?" If I purchase any bag in this collection, it will be in black. Hope things are going well for you, and you are looking forward to the holidays. 

Well thanks @allthatsgood for the information, because I didn't know the new wovens were merely embossed. I knew that was the case with some of the textured bags they were offering last summer, but thought these new wovens were actually woven...  I too loved the look of them but I'm afraid this little tidbit (together with the honker name plate) pretty much seals the deal that I won't be buying.  

All is reasonably well here and hoping with you too... As for the holidays, I'm just not feeling it... Don't know if I will at some point or not. I was out today and saw all the trappings beginning to pop up and it fostered absolutely no thrill at all... On the contrary...

Woman Surprised Woman Wink

Stevieb, I hope things will turn around for you and maybe there's something will give a spark of holiday spirt and pleasure for you. For me, it's putting those ornaments on the tree that my children made so many years ago, the one's from the places we have lived and those that celebrate us being a military family. Of course, this year, all of the Oklahoma State University ornaments will be even more special since they are ranked no. 8 in the College Poll and we hope and pray somehow they will be "The Big 12 Champions." 

As far as the embossing on the bags, I hope I didn't discourage you. I asked the question on the Q page with the City Woven Barlow bag and they answered it today. It's embossed to show highs and lows. Unfortunately to me, that means it could possibly show signs of wear. After I posted this morning I received a UPS tracking no. from Dooney and asked them if this was my Zip Barlow, and they said,"yes." I nearly died, thinking it would be the 4 to 6 weeks. It will be here, Monday. I hope nothing is wrong with it and it has to be returned. We shall see. Maybe there will be something that will crop on your radar and it will be one of those "instant love bags." Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have a number of Dooney bags. I use them, but then I use alot of my bags. Have to admit I have many bags.  I think I'm over my Dooney phase..No more Dooney purchases for me.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Occasional Contributor

What is the item number?   I've only see a picture of it and I love it. 

Respected Contributor

I finally gave in and bought the Logo lock in bordeaux. I have been resisting for a long time, but finally gave in today. I just love D&B's pebble leather. My favorite bags have the 2 tone look, but that gorgeous leather looked too good to pass up today.
Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I have a number of Dooney bags. I use them, but then I use alot of my bags. Have to admit I have many bags.  I think I'm over my Dooney phase..No more Dooney purchases for me.

I'm sort of there with you. Not that they don't make pretty bags, but they don't really excite me at all anymore. So many other brands equally as nice to consider so long as one isn't wedded to shopping here.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I was going to buy it for my daughter in red, but she doesn't like the new Dooney tag.

They are ALL too heavy for me.

Respected Contributor

Gee, I dunno. Heaven forbid the host might make an effort to *describe* the color "elephant."😒Especially when it's situated right next to a purse with the color *gray.* Too bad Mary Beth can't be everywhere.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@allthatsgood... Thanks ALL, we'll see how the season unfolds. At least it was a bit more cool and seasonal here today and that's half the battle. I just can't get 'up' for the winter holidays when it still feels like spring outside. Unfortuantely, I think our more temperate weather is due for a comeback... On the bag front, the embossed are pretty, but I do like a woven bag to actually be woven !!  Go figure... Fortunately, I'd gotten a beautiful brick red woven hobo earlier in the season, so not a problem that I'll be passing on the Dooney version... Heaven only knows I don't need any more bags anyway...

Woman Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I wasn't planning on buying, but that Florentine Buckley bag has certainly caught my eye.   ðŸ˜Š

Honored Contributor

I saw a few minutes of the TSV presentation and noticed that the top handles do not fold down but instead stick out sideways when using the shoulder strap. I'm glad I didn't order it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval