Honored Contributor

Re: A "customer return"--removed handles.

@JavaQueen wrote:

I was scouting around on the Bay for a Brenna and I came across a listing of a customer return. Wondered why it was so cheap (relatively speaking.)

I often sound off on women basically renting bags and then returning them for a refund.  You know, they use it for a month. I am not talking about the person who unwraps it, puts the stuff in and says no. (Even that's a stretch for me, but Q does have a return policy.

There it was minus the accessories. (Of course.) But the customer had returned it sans handles. They removed the handles and then returned it. That is a major modification.

It takes a lot of nerve.  Q. should not have accepted the return. Period.

It happens a lot on eBay and the very reason I will not accept returns. "Renting" an expensive bag for 14 days and then returning it with wear, stains and missing components.  I was on eBay and on their forums long before I started selling handbags and knew that this happened.... and I wanted to sell my Louis Vuitton collection including several Limited Edition pieces without someone reducing the value of the bag by hundreds of dollars!  

QVC accepts returns for any reason but they really should tighten up what they will accept and what they will not and then have sharp eyed quality control people going over the returns, each and every one.  Right now I'm not convinced anyone really looks at the returns.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I'm amazed that someone even could do that much damage to a purse in just 30 days.And also amazed that someone could think they will get $90 for that mess.

Respected Contributor

Many years ago, I purchased a pair of shoes from the Q, not "as is" but regular-priced.  When I opened the box, I was appalled.  The condition of the shoes was like someone had worn them non-stop for longer than 30 days.  Maybe the return process is done by automation and they don't inspect the condition of the item.  

Honored Contributor

I'm convinced very little training goes on before an employee is thrust into the QVC returns department.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

I'm convinced very little training goes on before an employee is thrust into the QVC returns department.

That and I just don't think they care... Two sides of the same coin. I suppose they figure returns are inevitable, given their touting of 'love it or return it', so if they send out something awful it'll just be returned. Their perception is likely that it's less costly to let that play out and hope some folks just keep whatever they send out than to pay for competent quality control. Too bad, because eventually it's going to turn customers away.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I agree. There is a limit as to how much 'wear and tear' is 'norma'l for a 30 day grace period and this goes well beyond that. They should've returned it to the customer and refused to accept it as a return.

Wow! I would think that would qualify as deliberate damage, and nullify any return policy!

Who would, and why,  Do something like that? I just recently, bought a Brenna, on eBay. Brand new condition, it didn't appear to have even been unwrapped, all accessories, for $160.

The bag is in Dusty Blue, really pretty!