Respected Contributor

A "customer return"--removed handles.

I was scouting around on the Bay for a Brenna and I came across a listing of a customer return. Wondered why it was so cheap (relatively speaking.)

I often sound off on women basically renting bags and then returning them for a refund.  You know, they use it for a month. I am not talking about the person who unwraps it, puts the stuff in and says no. (Even that's a stretch for me, but Q does have a return policy.

There it was minus the accessories. (Of course.) But the customer had returned it sans handles. They removed the handles and then returned it. That is a major modification.

It takes a lot of nerve.  Q. should not have accepted the return. Period.

Honored Contributor

Re: A "customer return"--removed handles.

I agree. There is a limit as to how much 'wear and tear' is 'norma'l for a 30 day grace period and this goes well beyond that. They should've returned it to the customer and refused to accept it as a return.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@JavaQueen That is SO not right!! I'm sorry you received an unacceptable dud. I hope you can send it back...item received not as described or something like that? I've received some obvious returns from QVC but nothing like that with handles missing. I wonder how this all came about (selling this item on ebay)?

Esteemed Contributor

Well that's a new one.

Respected Contributor

How in the world does one remove those handles?  Were they cut off with an ax?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I don't understand - was this on e bay or from QVC?

Respected Contributor

I don't care what their return policy is. I would never ever return something that I had used. The idea of wearing something or using a handbag and then returning it is to me unethical and immoral because you're than putting a burden on someone else to deal with any damage you may have done. If I like something I keep it. If I'm not sure, I keep it for a week or two and carefully evaluate it, but I make sure not to use it, not to damage it, and never ever to wear it. 

p.s.  I dictated this, and I have no idea why it is underlined! 

Respected Contributor

It was on ebay. I was trying to post so that it wouldn't be removed. it is still there. We aren't supposed to post links from the Bay. 

The seller said it was a customer return. It smelled of smoke and they had removed the handles. The seller didn't remove the handles. The QVC customer did.

I was surprised that QVC took it back and probably sold it in the outlet. Where else could someone get such a thing? 

Respected Contributor

LibbyAnneE.

I am with you.  I have one exception--and that's if something goes wrong with a bag..really loose stitching within the 30-day time frame. 

Regular Contributor

WOW!   .....  and when you read the description "smells of cigarette smoke, ink stain, scuffs on  bag, spots inside bag."