Respected Contributor

Re: A PERFECT BAG....

[ Edited ]

just ordered the Baggallini Everywhere hobo in Portobello, from Amazon.  looks like a Goldilocks size for me

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Flatbush  My two perfect bags are the Coach market tote and the Coach parker purse.  The Coach market tote is a lovely tote with lots of room and its great for running errands or even using as an overnight bag.  I love the smooth pebbled leather and the turnlock closure.  The Coach parker is a beautiful chain link shoulder purse that has a turnlock and I love that I can dress it up or down- great pockets on the inside and I love the glovetanned leather Smiley Happy.  Here's what my brown Coach market tote and my tan/chalk Coach parker look like: 

COACH® | Market ToteCoach Parker Shoulder Bag - Neutrals | Editorialist

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff  The Dooney and Bourke Zip Zip bags are so classy, elegant and pretty- that is a great favorite bag choice! I love Dooney and Bourke- I have a hot pink pebble leather Dooney tote and I always feel happy when I wear it- Dooney is so inventive with the colors they pick for product lines. I bet the Dooney Zip Zips look lovely on you with your color coordinated outfits and jewelry! I still think of those really beautiful earrings that you designed and shared with us Smiley HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

We bought our daughter a harvey seatbelt diaper bag 18 years ago. She probably still has it knowing her. That was one heavy diaper bag! Your green seat belt purse is beautiful! I don't have a perfect purse.  I like my purse a lot but it's not perfect. I'm a fan of tooled leather. I've had two of these. My first one developed a tear in the lining and I would lose things like lip glosses and debit cards.  Then I discovered they weren't actually lost lol

1000008833.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

OMGosh, I LOVE your Coach parker purse! I am going to Google that right now and see if it's in my purse tax bracket.  I'll be back...

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

I don't see your coach Parker purse on Amazon. Do you know if they still make it? The prices have tripled since the last time I bought a Coach purse probably in the 90s or early 2000s. I used to like Fossil purses too.  Had a green Dooney & Bourke at one time but it was entirely too heavy.  Then I went years without carrying a purse.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm  Thank you so much, Monicakm Smiley Very HappyHeart!  I love Coach purses and I worked as a sales associate at Coach so I got 50% off all purses and 75% off sale items. That Coach Parker is tan and chalk smooth glovetanned leather with Coach C-print canvas detailing in the front pocket and genuine snake skin on the sides. Good times! Smiley Very Happy  Coach has discontinued their Parker line of purses, but they can be found used in great condition online most likely on ebay or mercari Smiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

My perfect handbag was a coated fabric  Tignanello barrel satchel with double shoulder straps.  I carried this bag until the straps were so worn and cracked, it was embarrassing.  This was the only bag I ever shed a tear over when I tossed it!  I look at all brands of barrel satchels and have never found a comparable one yet.  

Respected Contributor

@RedTop 

Does this company even exist now?

@RedTop wrote:

My perfect handbag was a coated fabric  Tignanello barrel satchel with double shoulder straps.  I carried this bag until the straps were so worn and cracked, it was embarrassing.  This was the only bag I ever shed a tear over when I tossed it!  I look at all brands of barrel satchels and have never found a comparable one yet.  

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 and @monicakm- Both of you have beautiful bags! I would happily carry any of them!

@SportyShorty07 - About 30 years ago my friends were all getting Dooneys. DH has always liked to be different, so he gave me my first Coach! It was a British Tan bag - I think it was called the City Bag. Later he gave me one in dark green. I also have a few others. But my own biggest "find" was at an outlet store. I was there late one night, talking to the SA's, when another associate came in with the most beautiful black bag.

She unpacked it and showed it to us. She looked at me and asked if I wanted it. It had been returned to one of the exclusive department stores, and they didn't have any others like it and wouldn't get any others. They were marking it down about 75%, but even that was a reach for me back then. BUT I had a birthday coming up. I wanted to bring DH in to see it. But they were closing and I knew someone early the next day would get it. So I called DH and told him I would be buying my present. I felt a little guilty, but I quickly got over it! 

@monicakm - As a huge fan of anything southwestern I am crazy about your bag! I've never had a tooled bag. Maybe someday! I do have one my dad got me in NM made from an armadillo. I carried it in high school, and years later so did DD. I'm surprised the "ick" factor didn't affect me; maybe because it was treated and so different!   Smiley Wink