Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Trying to resize photos…

@Lilysmom1 

Just lovely!❤️

thanks for sharing 😃

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1 I posted "Elk Path?" a few minutes ago. I was trying to size my photos. To post them, I had to cut away almost half of each photo. Some from the top, some from the sides, and some from the bottom. I mostly lost the scenery, tree tops and the blue skies.

I think your photo is beautiful. Did you edit heavily?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@On It @cheriere @gardenman For some reason this one was ok.  I haven't really had much luck trying to do others.  I will probably wait til some rainy day and sit down with it again.  As mentioned, cropping really distorts the photo so that isn't really effective.  Something must have changed with this board as I never had this problem before.

PS, just went through a YouTube video on how to resize using the shortcut app.  It was awful to be honest.  There has to be a simple way.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 

I use Photoshop Elements 2022 to resize my photos. I click on "Photo Editor" then open a photo I want to resize. Then click on the "Guided" tab at the top. Then a tab appears labeled "Resize your photo." I click on that and then there's a box on the right that gives me multiple options. There's an "output option" and I keep that on "Web". Then below that is a drop-down menu (#2) that has options for resizing by Long Edge, Short Edge, Width and Height, or File size. I choose file size. Then I type in the file size I want. For here it's typically 3,000 KB. I then hit apply and the file is resized. Then at the bottom right I click "Next" and it gives me save options. I tend to just keep the name the same and add "resized" and use "Save as" to save it. Then a JPG options window will pop up showing you the file size in the default saving (the photo below defaulted to 2.3 MBs) and click OK. And it's done.

IMG_20240225_053040105_HDR (1) resized2.jpg

It sounds more complicated than it is. I can resize a photo in less than a minute and since file size is what they care about here (and on other websites) once you know the maximum file size allowed, it's pretty easy to do. There's no cropping or distorting the photo, the program simply keeps the photo the same (more or less) and saves it as an image in the size you want. 

And you can do a lot more with photos in Photoshop Elements. Want the same photo in black and white? It's a click of a button away.

IMG_20240225_053040105_HDR (1) resized2 B and W.jpg

Want it cropped to the important part? Easy-peasy!

IMG_20240225_053040105_HDR (1) resized2 B and W.jpgcropped.jpg

The things you can do are nearly endless and fun to play with. You can remove things in the background. Add frames. Adjust lighting, color, color saturation, contrast, and lots, lots more.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman Thanks.  Sweet kitty.  We had an all grey we called Dusty after she got lost in the basement of a 200 year old house.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 

Yeah, that's Holly. She came to me on February 22nd this year after her previous owner had died. My apartment complex needed to flip the apartment and the local shelters were full and wouldn't take Holly, so the call went out for any tenant who'd be willing to take her. I volunteered and it was a great decision. She's a super little cat. She's nine-ish years old and was very, very thin when I got her. She's doing great now though. I've had a cat or cats since I was thirteen and she's among the best I've had. Just a super little cat in nearly every way. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman Great story for Holly and for you!