Super Contributor

Thank You to Roberta's Garden Customer Service

Since I've seen some negative comments posted about Roberta's, I wanted to post a positive experience I had with them.

Last year I purchased the Roberta's 6-piece Birds, Bees, and Butterfly Bouquet (6 Butterfly Weed plants). I have dogs, so I always try and look plants up on the toxic plant list before purchasing. I know these plants as Butterfly Weed and Asclepias tuberosa. I looked those up and didn't find them on the toxic list, so I purchased the plants. The plants arrived in great shape, grew and bloomed. Later, while I was looking up a different plant I was thinking about purchasing, I happened to see a picture of the plants listed as milkweed and all parts of the plant are toxic to dogs. I immediately dug up the plants and threw them out.

That evening I emailed Roberta's Garden customer service, told them what happened and suggested that they start including toxicity information in their presentations or on QVC/Roberta's website. The person who emailed me back said they would forward my concerns and asked me what plants I would like them to send me as replacements.

I didn't expect replacements since they didn't do anything wrong, but they said they'd send me Red Hot Pokers in March 2017. The replacement plants arrived today and they're in great shape.

Thank you, Roberta's.

Honored Contributor

Re: Thank You to Roberta's Garden Customer Service

Maybe they misunderstood -- taking your request as a complaint?  

Respected Contributor

That's nice to hear but it could of been bad too and caused harm to the dogs.

Super Contributor

my story--last year I ordered clementis vines--planted them next 2 the clementis vine I have had 4 years so I thought they would make a nice addition--unfortunately they did not survive--took care of them etc.--so this year I e amiled them & told them and they sent me an e mail that they will replace them this year--now that is real customer service and I thank them & I would definately order from them again--GREEN THUMBS UP!!--LOLHeart

Honored Contributor

Well, I guess they didn't take your advice.  I just watched a presentation on their Desert Rose houseplant and there was no mention of toxicity and I just looked at the product description and no mention there.  I had actually ordered one of those last year, but found out before it had been sent out about the toxicity (at least to cats) and managed to cancel my order.

I also received some plants that were DOA.  I E-mailed them and I don't remember if they responded that they would replace or if I didn't get a response whatsoever.  However, last spring a box showed up from them.  But what they sent me was not what I had ordered that was DOA.  It was something different altogether and looked almost exactly like some nasty weeds in my yard.  So, I ended up just throwing them out I was so disappointed.