Trusted Contributor

Suggestions for pot flowers that are not in sun

Thank you, I get very little sun where I am during the day and I need ideas for who knows what works flower wise that comes back each year in pots..........I am trying to seed right now in a sunny window Passion Fruit as it is a beautiful vine and said it can grow in my home...........but it willl be big probably too big but I hope it will grow and then I can plant in a pot.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for pot flowers that are not in sun

Google shade loving perennials.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Have you considered an African violet?   Even they take bright light but not direct sun.   All the flowering plants I can think of are the same,  bright light. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Coleus -- not a flower, but very colorful and does not require much sun.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

I am confused as to whether you are using the pots inside or outside but wanted to recommend caladiums for outdoors.  Their foliage can be very colorful and dramatic.  I do take up the bulbs and store them over the winter then replant when it warms up in spring.

Honored Contributor

Hosta 

There are so many varieties and they do flower.

I have a black thumb and even I can grow them!

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

Thank you, I get very little sun where I am during the day and I need ideas for who knows what works flower wise that comes back each year in pots..........I am trying to seed right now in a sunny window Passion Fruit as it is a beautiful vine and said it can grow in my home...........but it willl be big probably too big but I hope it will grow and then I can plant in a pot.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

@DowntonAbbey  Begonias.

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for pot flowers that are not in sun would

I would go with annuals in pots as I tire of the same flowers years after year.  I love pots of  multi color impatiens.  If you are looking for perennials, you will not find a lot ever flowering plants. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Suggestions for pot flowers that are not in sun would

I got some seeds for impatients............thank you and I will try Begonias. 

Honored Contributor

I am partial to geraniums myself.