Respected Contributor

Saw something new at my nursery. Sweet Bay

[ Edited ]

I just moved to Fresno and there are lots of things at the nursery I have never seen before.   I NEED this. IMG_6104.JPG

Respected Contributor

Re: Saw something new at my nursery. Sweet Bay

IMG_6105.JPG

Honored Contributor

Bay leaves,  as used in cooking? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yes!

Esteemed Contributor

@esmeraldagooch If they are related to the laurel we have in the PNW, they get huge. You may want to check the growth rate and your spot you have chosen to plant. Up here, laurels are primarily used for privacy.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I got five of these a few years ago in the Walmart garden center.   It was part of their end of the season clearance.  They were small, only about 2 feet tall, but they have done well although they do have a slow growth rate.   My neighbor's have two in big pots on their porch.  I'd love to do the same, but these do better in full sun and I don't have a lot of sunshine on my deck. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's just a bay tree. Same leaves as used in cooking. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I got five of these a few years ago in the Walmart garden center.   It was part of their end of the season clearance.  They were small, only about 2 feet tall, but they have done well although they do have a slow growth rate.   My neighbor's have two in big pots on their porch.  I'd love to do the same, but these do better in full sun and I don't have a lot of sunshine on my deck. 

Did you have any problems with aphids?   My friend who had a huge tree said she coudn't keep them off it.