Trusted Contributor

Do you think the mini roses in the small plastic containers will really grow and stay in bloom or do they seem to be a one time event? Thank you.

Honored Contributor

I've bought those mini grocery store roses.   They don't do well in the house because they take lots of sun,  but when transplanted outside they've grown very well and develop into a small bush about 12-18" high.   They bloom in full sun all summer long. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I was going to say the same thing. Keeping them going until the snow melts is the issue so you can plant them outside. I love them. The little rose in very pretty against the green of the bush.

Honored Contributor

Mini roses are nice in containers and very few are disease resistant. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I planted 2 mini roses near the foundation of my home where they thrived for about 8 years.  

I had a baby pink one, and a variegated one that was yellow, orange, and pink; they grew to about a gallon size, and bloomed off and on all summer.   I planted them about 6 inches from the foundation and 2 ft apart in well drained soil.   They received partial sun all day and enough moisture that I did not have to water, except to give them a drink of Miracle Gro every few weeks.   The tiny roses were beautiful and I loved checking on them whenever I hung clothes on the line.  

In the fall, I let the leaves and pine needles blow in and cover them for the winter.   In the spring I would uncover them, trim a little, and just watch them grow.  I was amazed they survived our WV winters, and after year 5-6, they began to decline as far as growth and the number of roses.   They finally froze out completely after 2 brutal winters in a row.