Esteemed Contributor

He's at my feeder today! So nice to see him!

I live in the northeast, so I hope he doesn't freeze his tail feathers off!

But it is supposed to be spring-like the next few days!

Respected Contributor

It's red-winged blackbird.

Related image

Esteemed Contributor

Northeast here too - flock of robins arrived 2 weeks ago and stayed until they ate all the red berries on my Washington Hathorne tree.  Happens every year - lots of snow doesn't seem to bother them.  Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

One of my favorite birds, the red-wing.  I saw a couple recently - just saw a little white under the wing, but never saw them alight to show the red patch.

Bird watching is fascinating, especially if you are fortunate to have natural habitat around.  If the neighbors would quit feeding the ferals that would be lovely, too.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

A real stunner.

Trusted Contributor

Just saw one this morning drinking from the bird bath.  They do seem to appear about this time of year, don't know if they are headed north or south lol.

Honored Contributor

The red winged blackbirds have arrived to Long Island! 🐦

One male was at my feeder and chased away a starling from sharing the peanut feeder.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

there have been a small flock of Red-Winged blackbirds  at the feeders this week.  i haven't seen them to day, its so cold. i have one lone starling and he spends most of the time at the suet feeder

i have a problem with Grackles raiding the feeders. they are so big they dwarf the redwings. they scare the smaller birds. 

someone (Squirrel??)  ran off with my other suet feeder basket, suet cake, hanger and all. i can't figure out how they were able to unhook the hanger from the basket and take off.

Honored Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

there have been a small flock of Red-Winged blackbirds  at the feeders this week.  i haven't seen them to day, its so cold. i have one lone starling and he spends most of the time at the suet feeder

i have a problem with Grackles raiding the feeders. they are so big they dwarf the redwings. they scare the smaller birds. 

someone (Squirrel??)  ran off with my other suet feeder basket, suet cake, hanger and all. i can't figure out how they were able to unhook the hanger from the basket and take off.

Sounds like something a raccoon might be capable of doing.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼