Respected Contributor

This time of year I am reminded of the Newbery Award winning book Rabbit Hill by Robert Lawson. If you have never read it, it is worth the read even as an adult. 

I posted this under the Garden category rather than Book Club for reasons which will become obvious once you have read it.

Respected Contributor

@On It 

Thanks for the recommendation.  I'm always looking for something interesting to read.😊💝

Esteemed Contributor

@On It wrote:

This time of year I am reminded of the Newbery Award winning book Rabbit Hill by Robert Lawson. If you have never read it, it is worth the read even as an adult. 

I posted this under the Garden category rather than Book Club for reasons which will become obvious once you have read it.

@On It I was intrigued by your post🤔, and went in search of a synopsis and came upon this... 

Lawson's fable drives home the point that a harmonious world can only result when individuals adopt basic, communal virtues without relying on the workings of fate or chance. Although this fable looks at the future optimistically, it is an optimism tempered by common sense and realism.

THIS compelled me to want to read it!💝

THANK you SO very much for caring to share this recommended reading with us!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

I loved this book when I read it as a child, and I even remember making up a puppet play based on it to amuse my friends (poor things!).