Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair

Saw the Mention in the Recipes section about amaryllis.

Here's the thing, amaryllis is native to South Africa so if it is planted in the ground, it may bloom in the summer. It depends on how warm your soil is and what your hardiness zone is. The tropical your zone is, the better it is for success of an amaryllis bulb doing well in the ground. It must be planted deeply too since its a big bulb. If your soil is very wet over the winter months, it might rot out so there is another caveat.

Hopefully you will have success if it goes into the ground. It might be mixed up the first year in the ground and might not bloom at all, but the following year, it will have adjusted and will probably bloom in the summertime.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Re: Paging Writer With Flair

Dear JustJazzmom,

Thanks so much for that information about amarylis planting.  It was very helpful.  You obviously know your gardening stuff.

I have another question on another topic.  It seems that I remember seeing you on several of the Linea by Louis Dell'Olio forums.  Since QVC changed things up a while back, I have not be able to find Linea things very well.  Any tips for finding them?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Writer with Flair

Are you looking for LINEA forum? Look to left under My Favorite Brand, click on that and see all the brand forums here;  then bookmark LINEA forum under your computer favorites.  If you are on an IPad, and looking for LINEA clothing -- new, go to that setting & bookmark it. It will always default to 'new' items on the iPad screen without always having to set menu to 'new' items on a laptop or desktop computer. HTH

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Writer with Flair

Are you looking for LINEA forum? Look to left under My Favorite Band, click on that and see all the brand forums here;  then bookmark LINEA forum under your computer favorites.  If you are on an IPad, and looking for LINEA clothing -- new, go to that setting & bookmark it. It will always default to 'new' items on the iPad screen without always having to set menu to 'new' items on a laptop or desktop computer. HTH

Thanks so much, JJM.  I appreciate your help.  It is good to be back in the Linea Loop once again.