Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl, yes, I remember now.  I have only been to California once. It was the only time I flew first class which was very nice.  We did San Franciso, Santa Rosa and the Nappa Valley.  I must say, I felt right at home with the ocean so close.  

We're ready for our first snow.  Wood stove is loaded.  Now all I have to do is find a good movie and curl up.  No more gardening til April which, at the moment, suits me fine😄.  LM

Honored Contributor

Re: My Hydrangeas

[ Edited ]

Cottage Farms Candy Kisses, one of the first to bloom this year.

DSCF0242.JPG

Honored Contributor

Cute, looks like a double flowering one-- is the pink color dependent on the soil pH?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Cute, looks like a double flowering one-- is the pink color dependent on the soil pH?

@JustJazzmom  It is a large head, and the bush has more flower heads.  The leaves are tinged with red, really beautiful.  I have it in a large pot  with neutral potting soil, but feed it acidic fertilizer, so I think it is meant to be this color no matter what the soil is.  It will only reach three-four feet.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@JustJazzmom  It is a large head, and the bush has more flower heads.  The leaves are tinged with red, really beautiful.  I have it in a large pot  with neutral potting soil, but feed it acidic fertilizer, so I think it is meant to be this color no matter what the soil is.  It will only reach three-four feet.

That is really good news.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom  Leaves of Hydrangea Candy Kisses.

DSCF0244.JPGDSCF0243.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Cottage Farms Candy Kisses, one of the first to bloom this year.

DSCF0242.JPG

Wow, this one is lovely!  I have a couple called strawberry vanilla , red con shaped flowers with white tips.  Very pretty.  Hydrangeas are my favorite shrub.  LM

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom  This is a picture of a Candy Kisses bloom before it opens, such an exciting Hydrangea.DSCF0403.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oakleaf Hydrangea Gatsby MoonDSCF0439.JPGDSCF0440.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl, re your Oakleaf hydrangea.  I have one that has never bloomed.  It is about 8 years old.  I would love to see it flower.  I have moved it three times in those 8 years and if it doesn't bloom this year, I may pull it.  I have had great successful with every type I have planted and I bet I have 20 or so on my almost 2 acre lot.  This one gets me every year!!!  LM

PS any advice welcome but I am finally ready to concede on this one.