Honored Contributor

MY FLOWERING PLUM

[ Edited ]

Because we had unusually warm weather a while ago, now it is very cold and rainy, my plum has burst into bloom earlier than normal.  This tree produces small fruit, didn't realize that it would produce any fruit.  Until we did some heavy pruning ten years after we moved in, didn't know this tree existed.  It was very small and spindly, but recovered quickly, and now needs a good pruning.DSCF5935.JPGDSCF5933.JPG

Honored Contributor

It's gorgeous.  It's 40 here today.  Feels like 80.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@GCR18wrote:

It's gorgeous.  It's 40 here today.  Feels like 80.  LOL

@GCR18  It's in the forties or less here today, so unusual and COLD.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl BeeeeUtiful...mine r flowering too...🌺

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

I love the white flowers but ohhh the plums then drop all over and anyone walking on them is mushy and mad 👀😔

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@cbritewrote:

I love the white flowers but ohhh the plums then drop all over and anyone walking on them is mushy and mad 👀😔

@cbrite   Yes, the flowers are white/pale pink with a deeper center, really pretty up close.

I think the birds, squirrels and rats get them as I never see many, also if they drop into the dog patch, I know my male eats them, as he will eat anything, have to watch him.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl, truly compelling & gorgeous!  Nature at it’s best!

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl, gorgeous!  Thanks for posting.

We have had an amazing winter here on the east coast.  I read last night March will bring us a few nor’easters.  It will be awhile before we are in the garden again.  LM

Honored Contributor

I live in western WA and all the pink and white flowering trees are blooming everywhere!! Glorious!!!  Even saw some rhodies blooming already too. My lilac bush has buds and the daffodils are up too. Looks so cheery when it is grey outside, which is most the time.

Honored Contributor

So pretty, @mousiegirl  We have a lot of blooming trees right now here in my area of northern California, too.   Spring blossoms are wonderful!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.