Honored Contributor

They always remind me of mom who grew pots of them every winter.  Does anybody know why they don't freeze?

I've always thought them most effective when grown in groups of the same color, as these are.  It must be quite a pansy patch.

Screenshot_20240124_124804_Facebook.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yes!  These are beautiful!  

I am so ready for spring!!

Trusted Contributor

Beautiful picture on a snowy/rainy chilly day! Lifted my spirits.

My grandmother's favorite flower. She grew them in every color. I always liked the dark, dark purple ones the best.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   BEAUTIFUL picture!!!  ❤️. I love pansies too.  They really make me look forward to spring!  It's been warmer here in the 60s, but oh so dreary with rain setting in.

Honored Contributor

They  like cool weather and don't do well in the hot summer.  I used to plant them every spring, but they died off too soon when it got too warm.

A hotel near me has hundreds of them planted out front.   They're beautiful.  I wonder see if our new snowfall last week killed them.  They can and do survive cold weather and even a freeze if It doesn't last too long.  They wilt, but come back.

I'll have to drive by and look. They are a joy to look at...especially when nothing else is blooming.

Respected Contributor

I think pansies are beautiful. My MIL planted them in the fall.

Esteemed Contributor

I love pansies! The vibrant color....so perfect! 

Honored Contributor

Those are so pretty. I love all types of colorful flowers.

My mom grew African Violets in the house. They had pretty flowers on them. I tried to grow them but they never did flower for me?

I still have snapdragons in a pot on the front porch. We have had temps below zero & it's still not wilted? The buds all over it never did bloom once it got cold.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  This picture also reminds me of my momma!    She would grow pansies in a washtub and they were always so colorful and cheerful looking.   She could break a leaf off of her african violets and take a butter bowl, cover it with aluminum foil, cut a slit and root another violet!   I have a plastic thumb at best.

Esteemed Contributor

These appe