Contributor

Is Phillip Watson or Cottage Farms on Facebook?

I'd love to add them to facebok....anyone know?

Occasional Contributor

Re: Is Phillip Watson or Cottage Farms on Facebook?

Phillip I love how u get on tv and tell us how to take care of our plants and how u take care of your plants! I love cottage farm but I'm done with the company ! Its nothing u did but when I called to get some replacement plants that didn't make it. thru the winter and then I purchased fertilizer for my acid loving plants,paid for this the same day May29 and as of Mon.18 of June still had not received fertilizer or plants so the lady I spoke with told me it had something to do with the bank I should call my bank and find out! So I called the bank and talked to them they needed to release it and she informed me no one tried to put it thru my acct. So I CALLED BACK to cottage farms and told her everything was good to run it thru, then she informed me the supervisor had to do this and I ask why she couldn't do it , she told me no! She said the bank was the one well what she didn't know was the bank was on the line & spoke up & she told her that was a lie!! She told me to hold on and after a few minutes the banker told me that she had hung up on me! So we called back and I ask her why she hung up but she didn't want to talk so I ask for the supervisor of course she was in a meeting! I ask her to please let me talk to someone , she was so rude and hung up again! I was so embarrassed so I told the banker what just happened? She said she was being mean & hateful! I will never order from cottage farms again I love there plants but I'm done! It.was awful I loved cottage farms but they  need to put new people at customer service! Good Luck Phillip with everything u do!!!

Honored Contributor

@Touncie  I dealt with Cottage Farms customer service via email, and it was an unpleasant experience.  Each time, someone different replied, and in the end, I gave up as they could not answer my question of what the name of the roses I received, in error was, though I sent pictures of Philip with the roses I should have received, and pictures of what I received, no resemblance at all.  I asked how could they not know the name of "their" rose, but they didn't, kept giving me a name which I checked out, and it was not the rose. 

I know that plants are sent according to the buyer's zone, but you should have at least received the fertilizer in a timely manner.

You should have dealt with QVC customer service.

Trusted Contributor

Toncie, I've heard a lot of bad things about Cottage Farms and he probably doesn't want to get beat up on-line so he doesn't have a Facebook page.

Also, there are very few flowers/plants I would buy on-line. I prefer plants that have been grown in my area. About the only thing I would buy through a catalogue or on-line is bulbs; they're pretty hardy and can tolerate a certain amount of abuse. Usually they get to you in dormancy and you can put them away and not bother with them till it's time to plant them.  I just bought some white irisis through a catalogue and can't wit to plant them, since I hope to make a hedge of them.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoveSG  Phillip Watson is on Facebook. I see his posts frequently. Keep looking and "LIKE" his page. I'm going to check his sight to see what his picture looks like right now. BBL. Smiley Happy

ETA:  Type in "Phillip Watson" he is wearing a blue shirt and holding a peppermint flower sold on QVC. Have fun chatting with us!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

posted by phillip today on facebook........

Phillip Watson added 81 new photos — with Jill Bauer.
15 mins ·

Dear Friends,
First of all, I have enjoyed being your garden guy for the past twenty-two years. We have shared joys, sorrows, advice, and lots of pictures! I will not be back on-air with your favorite plants this next season as I have decided to pursue other interests, but we can still have our little peaceful corner of this sometimes chaotic world. I am grateful for your friendship and your trust as well as the kindnesses you have shown me during difficult times. Even though I will not be presenting the plants, there are many new and exciting items coming up for the 2019 season including a monster tropical hibiscus called The Big Kahuna...the absolute star of my garden this summer. Look for me on INSTAGRAM under Phillip Watson Designs, and stay tuned to hear about my new adventures...I value your opinions.
Love,
PHILLIP

phillip watson qvc.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I will miss him, Spring on Q won't be the same without him, but I certainly understand his reason for leaving.

Honored Contributor

@LoveSG wrote:

I'd love to add them to facebok....anyone know?

Phillip Watson

ONWARD and UPWARD!

Words can't express how humbled I feel when I read your comments. I cry, I laugh, and I rejoice that our paths crossed. Our oasis on Facebook is not going away...there will be no black wreath on the door! I will continue to offer advice and answer gardening questions until I see my final sunset. THIS garden party is just getting started!

I know a lot of you are wondering exactly what happened, but there were no conspiracies or squabbles prior to my departure as your garden guy. QVC has been a wonderful home for me these past twenty-two years, and I have made many lasting friendships and have experienced the joy of being around a multitude of motivated and talented individuals. I am not sure what lies ahead for me, but I am as excited as I was when I first graduated from Mississippi State and moved to Manhattan...without a clue or a plan. It all worked out.

And, who knows? Hurricanes sometimes make landfall more than once.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Sounds like Cottage Farms will continue without Phillip Watson. Have to believe he became too expensive.