Contributor

I have never seen this behavior out of a turtle ( kinda cute ).

I was out walking the other day and along the side of this trail is a huge ditch. This ditch has a dept of about 2-3 ft. and width of about 4-5 ft. There are some rocks and vegetation in certain areas, which almost mimics a small pond. That is where I spotted a small turtle. This little turtle hopped off a rock and came swimming towards me. It stuck its head out of the water for a closer look. I must of stood there for about 15 or 20 minutes and the turtle never stopped looking at me.

It was time to continue on with my walk. I decided to turn around and head back in the direction of this small pond. I look over and the turtle had gone back to its previous spot on the rock. This turtle basically did as before, he ( or she? ) hopped off the rock, swam towards me and gazed. I have never seen a turtle gravitate to a human or act fascinated by one.

My experience with turtles, they seem to swim away from people, or hurry into murky water to escape. Do you think the turtle could had been a previous pet?

Dogs and cats seem to like me, but a turtle {#emotions_dlg.laugh}?