Honored Contributor

I got my first Gardening Catalogue !

Can Spring be far behind?  It was from Shumway. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I got my first Gardening Catalogue !

The deluge of garden catalogues usually begin arriving to my mailbox in early January.  I've never heard of Shumway, but perhaps their motive is to get the jump on the competitors.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, I love gargen catalogues @depglass!

They're so inspiring! I usually start planning my garden in February.

When you start thinking and planning how you're going to use every little corner of dirt to produce home-grown delights, well . . . it just chases away the winter blahhs!

Honored Contributor

A catalog from White Flower Farm arrived this week. I looked at the current Klehm Songsparrow Nursery catalog online today too. I think I figured out what variety of Lady Fern I own from looking at their photos. The wild one I have has different leaves from the one I bought at a large nursery. 

I may own an Athyrium filix femina 'Dre's Dagger' which was labeled as just an Athyrium filix femina. 

May need another Hakone grass 'Naomi' -- not sure if safflower seeds are allopathic -- prevent other plants around them from doing well. The one I have was directly below the feeder. I moved it in early September and it went dormant (I hope). But if it turns out it died, I need another one. The moved one is now below the niger seed feeder and I don't think they are allopathic.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I got my Jackson & Perkins catalog today and I have been getting a Parks Seed email every day for a few weeks now.  I have no idea how they got my email as I don't do seeds.

I am excited to get new roses this year.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I got the White Flower Farm catalog and one from Territorial Seeds.  I am still waiting for the Shasta daisies in my back yard to turn brown so I can cut them down!

Honored Contributor

My first new seed catalog typically comes in August or Spetember from HPS Seeds. They really get the jump on the gardening season. They sell most of their seeds in commercial quantities and some professional green houses start their early spring flowers in November/December when the poinsettias go out, so they tap into that market. It gives me a nice preview of what the hot flowers for the coming year will be.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!