Honored Contributor

HELEBROS BLOOMING?

[ Edited ]

I was outside raking leaves today and there is a pink helebros in full bloom in my side yard.  I have very confused plants!!

Honored Contributor

It was 70 degrees this afternoon , now it is snowing. Our power just came back on after a 3 hour outage, I'm glad because it was getting a little nippy in the house. Thank goodness for battery candles.😺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Frequent Contributor

DiAnne, I believe that we both live in the Pacific Northwest, so I understand your concern. My bergenia (elephant ears) are blooming, as is a rhody.

Our November has been so warm! I hope we get a freeze soon.

Honored Contributor

@hummermom

I do live in PNW.  I have one bloom on a bergenia also.  What is distressing to me are some small rhodies way out of the reach of hoses, etc.  I have never had to water them but the last couple of years they are failing even with the occasional buckets of water I have carried to them.  

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne, it was close to 60 here today (12-15C).  Crazy warm weather for this time of year.  I would like it to last until mid Dec when I get my cast off.🙄  Well, I know that's not going to happen.  I haven't been out in the garden at all but I do notice that plants I cut back are flourishing.  Crazy isn't it?  Makes me wonder if I should invest in a wet suit to extend the swimming season into the late Fall.  If I thought I could get a good suit to fit, would go for it!  LM