Esteemed Contributor

I wasn't sure where to ask this question but I thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking for a pair of steel toed shoes to use for yard work.  I am going to be in Maine/ New Hampsire area soon and wondered if there were any bricks and mortar stores you could recommend.

LLBean and Cabelas are on my list.  Any others?  TIA.  LM

PS, one of the reasons I am looking is because I broke my foot in April and the healing process is long.  I want to protect my feet as I frequently move rocks, wood, etc.  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I really like the selection at the Kittery Trading Post (at the outlets in Kittery, ME). They carry Keen which is a lightweight, but sturdy steel-toe boot. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Red Wing has stores throughout the US.  They are pricy, but good quality shoes.  On the other extreme, Wal-Mart and fleet farm sell steel tip shoes.  I used to work in an office in the middle of a manufacturing plant and wore steel tip shoes for ten years.  I found Sketchers sneakers to be the most comfortable for that type of shoe.

Honored Contributor

Re: Footwear for Yardwork

[ Edited ]

You probably should look for a store that sells work clothes and caters to blue collar worker.  I imagine they'd be a lots more reasonable in price than a place like Cabelas.

If you'll Google "women's steel toe boots" you'll bring up a number of sources.  Strangely, Walmart seems to be a major source.  Do you have a Walmart in Nova Scotia?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I know you requested a brick and morter store... I purchased a pair of steel toe tennis shoes from Sears.com to do yard work.

Respected Contributor

I guess i'm flirting with disaster as I wear cheap flip flops or old worn out sandals when I work in my yard. My most frequent injury is on my leg from a cut hedge branch . 

Super Contributor

I see that Kohl's has these:  Skechers Relaxed Fit Doyline Women's Steel-Toe Work Shoes

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Footwear for Yardwork

[ Edited ]

Ladies, what wonderful information!  So many places to look.

Gardensia, I love The Trading Post at Kittery.  It's on my list to visit for sure.

Kachina, yes, Walmart is here as well.  And Google, what would we do without it!

Who knew Sketchers made steel toed shoes.  Great idea.

Red Wing, Sears and Kohl's are on the list too.  I have never heard of Red Wing.  Off to google.

Stylish Lady, look after your feet!  Find some better footwear.  I broke my foot six months ago and the healing process is very slow.  

Thanks again.  Your helpful replies are greatly appreciated.  LM

Contributor

Renys Department Store has a great selection of work shoes/boots.  They have 16 stores scattered throughout Maine.  If you are going to Kittery the closest ones would be in Wells, Sacco and Portland.  Love this store!

Esteemed Contributor

@danielsl, thanks for this info.  Saco is on our list so I will definitely check it out!  LM