Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@Icegoddess I have zero luck in buying from Cottage Farms, it takes so long after it ships to arrive to my home they arrive dead, I still try to bring them back to life but I have never been able to, I just gave up after too many failed attempts.

I never tried Roberta's?

I bought from Roberta's just once.  The plant died, I told them and about a yr later they sent me some bulbs that were not the same as the original and they never came up.  Done w/buying plants/flowers from QVC.

Trusted Contributor

@kathya1119 wrote:

@RedHeadedWench, please be careful what you buy in Home Depot. Many of their plants are systemically treated with Neonicotinoids, a pesticide which destroys the nervous sytstems of bees (you'll see a small plant tag stuck into the pot, usually behind the tag which identifies the plant, with the information that the plant has been treated to resist whiteflies and other destructive insects. It doesn't mention that the treatment will destroy beneficial insects, as well). Bees are in enough trouble without one of the two largest home stores in the US making the problem worse.

I dont buy much at all at Home Depot as far as plants go, I do buy some houseplants though.

Most garden plants I buy at locally owned garden centers.