Esteemed Contributor
Worms!
I composted lawn & leaf for several years. (No food waste tho because it draws unwanted critters.)
Untreated mulched lawn clippings for the nitrogen and autumn oak leaves for excellent carbon.

I worked it in a 20' long strip of dirt against a fence. All fresh lawn & leaf additions were added to the left end. As I watered, worked, and turned the composting pile I'd slowly shift it toward the right.

The stuff on the far right end was beautiful finished dirt and it was LOADED with earthworms that went to the garden everytime I scooped more finished compost.
I knew a guy who raised earthworms and was a fresh bait supplier to fishing/sporting goods stores.
He was DUMPING tons (literally) of what he called "worm dirt". I offered to take a ton off his hands.
The worms have been removed, this is just the castings. But it made a nice complement to my worm filled compost.
Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia It sounds fascinating. Where do you get the red wriggler worms? I'm a huge proponent of worms in the garden and often go out after a rain and pick them up off of the driveway and put them back in the garden.

OMG @pattypeep, I do that too!

My brother taught me "How-to" pick up worms nearly 60 years ago.