Honored Contributor

I have several of these indoor plants. I think they grow from a bulb. 2 of mine are a bit skimpy & the 3rd is lush and full & in constant bloom. I was thinking of getting a larger pot and putting all 3 together. Anything I should know?

Respected Contributor

Are they all in the same window?  I ask this because I've had plants that were getting "skimpier" by the week.........obviously not doing well, that I've moved closer to a sunnier window and saw a miraculous turn around in the plant!  Many plants (especially flowering ones) need sun to thrive.

As far as putting them in the same pot........I've not always had good luck with repotting plants.  In most cases I've found they do best when they are somewhat potbound, so if you decide to do this, make sure you don't go any larger with the pot than you really need to.  Good luck!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Keep them in a cool, sunny location, and water well but ensure the pot has good drainage.  Fertilize no more than once every three or four weeks.  Mine over-winter well indoors with temperatures in the 50s and low-60's.  

Honored Contributor

@2blonde & @ValuSkr Thanks for the info. The plants are in a bump out style window behind my kitchen sink...South facing in afternoon, but window is partially shaded w/ plantation shutters to adjust if sun gets too strong. I'll try your tips for repotting. I'm trying to make room in this greenhouse type window to grow herbs.