Honored Contributor

Buds of spring - California

[ Edited ]

My kalanchoe and daffodils have buds here in my little corner of the SF Bay Area. 

The daffodils are in a pot and are a couple of years old.  They don't always bloom every year, but they have buds again.  The plant behind it is a fringe flower (loropetalum).  The bud that is visible is top center.

daffodil bud.jpg

The kalanchoe have really filled out this year.

kalanchoe stand.jpg

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Buds of spring - California

@GingerPeach, a glorious sight!  Just what I needed to see today.  We have had a couple of windy rainy/icy kind of days here in the East Coast.  This gives me hope for an early Spring😊!!!  Thanks for posting.  LM

Honored Contributor

I've seen migrating  birds already.......but AZ is on the direct flight pattern from Mexico to Canada......................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach@Desertdi, so much for the good weather.  We're currently in the middle of a nor'easter blizzard tonight.  Expecting 35-40 cms.  Not to worry.  I live in the Maritimes so we are used to this.  Lots of wood brought in, snowblower gassed up and ready for the generator if need be.  Days like this, I love my gas stove❄️☄🌬!!!  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@GingerPeach@Desertdi, so much for the good weather.  We're currently in the middle of a nor'easter blizzard tonight.  Expecting 35-40 cms.  Not to worry.  I live in the Maritimes so we are used to this.  Lots of wood brought in, snowblower gassed up and ready for the generator if need be.  Days like this, I love my gas stove❄️☄🌬!!!  LM

Keep yourselves warm, you and Lily and hubby, @Lilysmom

Once you can get out again, maybe another opportunity for more sparkling snow pictures!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Stay safe & warm @Lilysmom! ☃🔥❄️

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼