Esteemed Contributor

Brag time ... Halifax Public Gardens

[ Edited ]

Halifax Public Gardens made the 10 best list of North American gardens worth travelling for.  😊

https://laidbackgardener.wordpress.com/2017/03/16/top-10-north-american-gardens-worth-travelling-for...

Established in 1867, the Gardens remain today the best preserved Victorian public park in North America, since they have been essentially maintained as is over their entire 150-year history. There are lawns, ponds, streams, bridges, a music kiosk, numerous flower beds and spectacular trees in the 16-acre (6-hectare) gardens. They are open from April to November.

Address: 5665 Spring Garden Rd, Halifax, Nova Scotia. Free admission. Information: www.halifaxpublicgardens.ca/

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Brag time ... Halifax Public Gardens

All beautiful garden/botanical gardens.  I didn't know San Diego had one.  Maybe some day I will travel to see some of them. I saw the photo of the Oaxaca ethnobotanical and wondered how a tropical area had cacti growing there. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@Puzzle Piece, I try to get out to the famous gardens when I travel.  Halifax Public Gardens is very easy to find.  It is right in the middle of downtown Halifax.  You can leave your office or shopping, grab a sandwich and enjoy it in gardens on the benches that dot the park.

Hurricane Juan (2003?) did a great deal of damage to the mature trees here.  Halifax was devastated.  You would never know it to walk through the gardens now.  Mother Nature's pruning.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom So sorry Mother Nature did her deed.  When I think of Halifax, I think of Nova Scotia.  I've seen so many beautiful scenes from that area. 

I would guess that's it's good to do your research to see how the gardens are doing wherever you travel. 

I know the gardens of Xochimilco in Mexico aren't anything like when I visited years ago. 

We have The Huntington here in Los Angeles - beautiful gardens and museums.  With our drought it took a hit as well.  We are doing better with water with the rainfalls but still have more to go. 

Mother Nature is so humbling. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

This is another site to find public gardens wherever you travel:

http://visitgardens.info/

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼