Valued Contributor

Bernini fountain (TSV) -- sound?

[ Edited ]

If anyone purchased the Bernini fountain (recent TSV), will you please share your thoughts on the "sounds"?  In other words, I love the sound of fountains where it is that babbling brook sort of sound.  But, on the TSV demonstrations, it didn't seem to have that sound.  It was a much lighter sound - even on the "basic" setting they demonstrated.

Thanks for any input!

Honored Contributor

Re: Bernini fountain (TSV) -- sound?

I bought it and the planter. In my experince, you need levels and a heavier water flow to create that "babble" sound. The planter provides all of that. The foundation is more of a "swishing" sound and is relaxing in a different way.

Some people find the "babble" sound creates the urge to urinate and don't find it relaxing (like a faucet on at night). While others LOVE it (like you and I). I'll report back once mine us up and running. : )

Honored Contributor

@Julie_23 wrote:

If anyone purchased the Bernini fountain (recent TSV), will you please share your thoughts on the "sounds"?  In other words, I love the sound of fountains where it is that babbling brook sort of sound.  But, on the TSV demonstrations, it didn't seem to have that sound.  It was a much lighter sound - even on the "basic" setting they demonstrated.

Thanks for any input!

@Julie_23  I have one and am awaiting the arrival of the TSV.  If you want a louder sound, more water has to be added, but I prefer low to medium.  It is wonderful, and the new one has so many more options.  I am hoping the birdies will love the new fountain. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@SahmIam -- yes, I so love that sound!!  To me that babbling sound is incredibly relaxing.  Was the "planter" an attachment they sold separately?  And, yes, please let me know what you think of it when you have yours up and running.  (Thanks!)

Valued Contributor

@mousiegirl -- I'm looking to put the fountain indoors; but, I think the birds will love it if you do it outside!  Especially the platform in the basin.   Thanks for the info on the water level.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

UPDATE for Julie_23: 

The sound is the tickling sound of water that is relaxing and wonderful. I'm inside typing this and can hear it outside on my deck. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. It's loud enough without being distracting.

Respected Contributor

Do you run it constantly?  If not, doesn't the standing water attract mosquitoes?

Valued Contributor

Oh, @SahmIam, you're getting me excited about the fountain.  So, is it more of a "babbling" spa sound?  Or, more of a lighter "tinkling" type sound?  (Very glad to hear you love it!!)

Honored Contributor

Either/or depending on which "water show" you choose.

Trusted Contributor

The sound of my Bernini fountains? Quiet. As in.....I don't have them anymore because they all -- 3 -- crapped out. Replaced batteries, other parts, and finally got so annoyed with the constant maintenance I pitched them.