Esteemed Contributor

I have to wait another month up here in Ohio, but I was wondering if any of our Southern friends have seen any........

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any Hummingbird sightings?

HI @Nataliesgramma  I think it will be early May for me. If I'm lucky.  I put up the feeders the last week of April. It's my birthday present to myself!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll put out my feeders and big red bows, but it may take a couple years in my new surroundings before the hummies trust me to be faithful to them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We've had a robin, but not hummindgirds yet (and my 2 feeders are not out).  I'm probably going to wait at least another 6-8  weeks before I put those feeders out.  We have 7 feeders out year round with seed.

Edit to add...    I'm in the Northern suberbs of Chicago....  I know you were looking for our Southern friends to reply, but I thought I'd throw my comment into the mix too!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

I'll put out my feeders and big red bows, but it may take a couple years in my new surroundings before the hummies trust me to be faithful to them.

You're not really serious about those bows, are you violann? Smiley Happy Plant some trumpet vine; they'll show up sure 'nuff.

Forgive another Yankee responding...my hums always come in early May.

Honored Contributor

Usually mid-April for me, but this year it's been so warm everywhere we might get a few early birds.  Not yet, though--we just had a frost this morning.

Regular Contributor

None yet here in east central MS.  Just checked the 2017 Migration Map and didn't see any reports of sightings there.  I am also on a gardening group on FB and I haven't seen any posts about hummers there.

Trusted Contributor

No we will not see any until early May, when the apple trees bloom. NE PA

Honored Contributor

Sorry, but I'm in southeastern PA.  The hummers usually arrive around May 1.

Frequent Contributor

Go to hummingbirds.net and you can follow them on a migration map. 2017 map is up looks like a few sightings on the coasts of Florida.