Honored Contributor

Another Supermarket Purchase!!

Saw the usual mums for sale at my local supermarket but this coreopsis caught my eye and it was only $5 which included the tax!

Coreopsis grandiflora 'Sunfire'

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another Supermarket Purchase!!

Lucky you! That's gorgeous. My local grocer (Wegmans) has some good things. Lately they've had pretty 4" mini roses for $1.99 - I tucked a few into the border and a couple of pots, and they've been growing great guns. I'm hoping they overwinter.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Very pretty. I am going to pick up some mums and a few other fall plants this week for my front yard.
Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Sweetbay magnolia said:

Lucky you! That's gorgeous. My local grocer (Wegmans) has some good things. Lately they've had pretty 4" mini roses for $1.99 - I tucked a few into the border and a couple of pots, and they've been growing great guns. I'm hoping they overwinter.

I'm hoping this coreopsis does the same; I have clay loamy soil but the area its in is slightly raised so I have my fingers crossed. I grew 'Moonbeam' many years ago in another area of my yard and it didn't fare well with wet feet for the winter.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

So true, I've seen coreopsis dwindle due to wet feet in winter. I have a bit of 'Moonbeam' in my garden. It would bloom longer if I deadheaded it, but that's so tedious with this one!

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

Jazz-they are lovely!

What a nice reminder for me to check out the selection at my store this week. Sometimes you can find little treasures!

Respected Contributor

They are pretty. Love them.