Esteemed Contributor

After the rain, hail and wind...July 24/17

We had the first rain in three weeks last night along with hail, thunder, lightening and rainbows.  

When I took a walk around this morning, the peacock, who has glass eyes, had drops of water falling off the glass.  It looked like she was crying.  A bit of an early morning eerie sight.  

The veggie garden survived the hail.  We still need more rain.

This site is hard to post on now so I will post more later.

Happy Sunday.  LM

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: After the rain, hail and wind...July 24/17

[ Edited ]

It rained in Chicago last night and it seemed like Lake Michigan was dumped on my house in a matter of 10 minutes. The lightening strikes in the last two days have been the most amazing fireworks show the city has ever offered.

I have only a couple of very small gardens, evergreen trees and a  tree that blooms white flowers in the spring but nothing compared to the beautiful landscaping that you have built  it feels like a sanctuary - very pretty.

Valued Contributor

Wow.....your landscaping is absolutely beautiful!!  I love seeing people take pride in the outside of their homes as well as the inside. 

Respected Contributor

What a beautiful garden you have!!! There is nothing like good old rain water for plants and trees. Sorry you got hail as that is not what any of us want. Thank you for sharing the lovely photos! Here in Colorado we have been getting some nice rain in the evenings and I love it. We had hail twice early in the Summer and it beat up everything but I spent two weeks cutting back and trimming things so now the flowers are just thriving. You just can't beat the glorius days of Summer.

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom

So where was all this weather taking place?  Just curious as I know NJ is dry and hot.  Your garden is beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkyPetunia, I live in Nova Scotia on the east coast of Canada.  Maine is the closest state to us and our weather is similar.

Environment Canada reports it as like having a high pressure heat cap (along with high humidity) over Central and Eastern Canada.  I think the same is true for the US east coast.  Something had to give.  I don't think we are through yet though.  It is a little cooler today but the humidity is still high.

I was finding my shrubs and perennials late this year.  After the rain, some of them are now showing blooms.  My gardens are too large to water everything.  The most recently planted and those vulnerable shrubs (ones I have moved this year) get most of my attention so it is nice to see Mother Nature lend a helping hand.

Someone was posting about Monarch's.  I haven't seen a lot yet but our perennials are just coming alive.  They are starting to show up now.

Thanks for posting.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitlynn, yes we love summer.  I have never been to Colorado but it is a place I would like to visit.

i could use some of that evening rain!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi, those torrential rains are the worst.  I love a good steady rain.  It makes the garden (and the weeds) come alive.  LM

Respected Contributor

Colorado is a beautiful state and Summer and Fall are my favorite time of year here.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitlynn, a Fall trip there sounds lovely to me! LM