Esteemed Contributor

A few more...

The evergreens loved the rain.  Hoping for a bit more tonight.  The veggie garden escape serious injury from the hail which was over quickly.

Happy summer to my gardening friends.  LM

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Honored Contributor
Your gardens look lovely. Rain is wonderful. Unfortunately we have had torrential rains here and combined with long stretches of excessive heat it has just about burned my gardens up. Mine look pitiful. Oh well, always next year.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

@Snicks1, I am sorry that your gardens are suffering.  The rain just doesn't seem to come like it used to, does it?  No rain for longs periods and then gushes.  No chance for the water to soak into the ground.  Just the big runoff.  We are coastal so we normally get fairly steady rain here.  This year it has been drier than normal.  Wishing a slow steady rain for you snicks!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom  your gardens are just too beautiful for words!.    How many hours a  day do you tend to them?

I have two evergreens in 10 gallon buckets on my patio.  It's too hot for DH to dig the holes. It's easier to keep them watered on the patio then it will be when they get planted.

The Alaskan weeping cedar is tall and thin.  I keep putting it under the eavs to keep it out of the whipping winds.  Twice I have gone out in my pjs in the pouring rain, thunder & lightning so I pull it out again for more rainwater. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey, I had to look up your tree.  It is beautiful.  We planted two Nootka false cypress (sp?).  Only one survived.  Quite a story behind the nursery and those trees.  I love the evergreens.  I know all about running out to move stuff in the storms, slippers, bathrobe and all.  It is hard to do too much in the heat.  Our projects this year are all over.

I garden for a couple of hours most days of the week.  When you start throwing in projects, it becomes too much.  We are definitely done with the projects for 2016.

I have been doing a shift over from perennials to shrubs in the last couple of years.  I am considering letting some areas down by the lake go natural.  My problem is that I hate to see untended gardens.  I need to get cured of that!!!

My big reward after gardening is a swim.  If I didn't have that to look forward to, I doubt I would do so much.

I am happy to see this time of the year.   The gardens are full and weeding is less of a duty.  

Post st some photos when you plant your trees.  I would love to see them.  LM

Respected Contributor

Just beautiful!  God just turns up the color after He waters his earthly gardens.🌳🌺🌿🌹🌲🌻🌳

Esteemed Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

Just beautiful!  God just turns up the color after He waters his earthly gardens.🌳🌺🌿🌹🌲🌻🌳

@AKgirl2, isn't that the truth?  I love to walk around just after a rain.  Everything perks right up!  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@AKgirl2, isn't that the truth?  I love to walk around just after a rain.  Everything perks right up!  LM

I should try standing in the rain, could use some perking up!