Esteemed Contributor

image.jpegI planted a clematis to climb the birdhouse pole.  Hope it takes.  Very deep purple.  If anyone has any tips, I would love to hear them.  Never had clematis before.  In full sun and I gave it a trellis to climb.

If you look very closely at the left side of the hummingbird feeder you will see a hummer ready to drink.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Beautiful - what is the plant in the sixth picture from the top?

Honored Contributor

Beautiful!  I really like the alliums, not sure why I've never grown any.

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal, it is a geranium.  I bought a few years ago at a nursery where the profits went to assist homeless women.  All of the plants were expensive but,considering the cause, well worth it.  I have never seen it since and have forgotten the name but I do know it is a geranium. Maybe one of our garden experts can help?  LM

Trusted Contributor

Lilysmom, your gardens are gorgeous.  I am not an expert on clementis but years ago I remember reading that though they do like sun they like their "feet" shaded and to plant something beneath them.  I have two right now, one a deep purple and the other a deep red, really lovely plants.  I have planted a groundcover beneath them and they are flourishing.

Esteemed Contributor

@chlema, thanks!  I will add something at the base.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy, I love Allium.  Some that I planted last year were 'giant'.  They seem to last much longer than the smaller ones.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom  Absolutely Gorgeous!  It looks like a park. 

I have a blue spruce topiary also.  I love pines.  Last year I picked up a weeping pine.  The year before I got an Austrian pine.  I have three lilacs that were planted in the 60s.   I have four beds of the tall orange daylilies. 

Super Contributor

Absolutely beautiful!! You have a green thumb and a great eye!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: A few pics today

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom   The periwinkle blue - are these balloon flowers or giant campanulas?  Maybe neither!!!!!  Beautiful just the same.

And yes, I saw the hummer - what a great shot!!!

Hmmm, clematis - actually kind of tricky I think.  I have a couple that are fabulous!  I had others that did nothing.  The only thing I can say is that you need to plant it/them in the right spot ie sun, or partial.  They are picky.  And don't to forget to fert, this could help.