Esteemed Contributor
On 3/24/2014 Raider Fan said:

Another HSN insert to our discussions. Is there any way to stop this?

Is there any way to stop those complaining about HSN. Gee, we make suggestions for items at Nordstrom, Macy's and other stores. What's the big deal if someone recommend a product sold by HSN.

As for Skimmies and what to wear under unlined skirts and dresses... call me out of step on this one, but I prefer a Vanity Fair slip. You can't feel a slip under the garment, so I have never understood what women have against them. Plus they are pretty, and you look se xy walking around your house in one. OK, maybe I've watched Cat on a Hot Tin Roof one time too manyWink {#emotions_dlg.devil2}.

Honored Contributor

Panty hose as a shaper? On someone Oprah's size? Which happens to be about my size, so don't get defensive. You've got to be kidding.

Sort of related, I saw racks of short shorts at Walmart the other day. Just shoot me now.

Respected Contributor
On 3/24/2014 depglass said:

Panty hose as a shaper? On someone Oprah's size? Which happens to be about my size, so don't get defensive. You've got to be kidding.

Sort of related, I saw racks of short shorts at Walmart the other day. Just shoot me now.

Not shaping, just smoothing

Respected Contributor
On 3/24/2014 Trix said:

Is there any way to stop those complaining about HSN. Gee, we make suggestions for items at Nordstrom, Macy's and other stores. What's the big deal if someone recommend a product sold by HSN.

As for Skimmies and what to wear under unlined skirts and dresses... call me out of step on this one, but I prefer a Vanity Fair slip. You can't feel a slip under the garment, so I have never understood what women have against them. Plus they are pretty, and you look se xy walking around your house in one. OK, maybe I've watched Cat on a Hot Tin Roof one time too manyWink {#emotions_dlg.devil2}.

Skimmies help prevent chafing which slips can't. Even after losing weight and toning everything up, my upper thighs get chaffed during the summer heat unless I wear something like the skimmies.

Contributor
On 3/24/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 3/24/2014 Loves2save said:

What is the big deal. The question was asked what to wear and someone answered. I also wear the Rhonda Shear pin up panties they are great for maxis and look pretty unlike some granny panties you see elsewhere

Why play the granny panties card? The question wasn't asked what to wear under something, the question was what was Jayne on QVC talking about. As for your granny panties comment, late hubby always said why waste money on that fancy stuff, you're sexiest nekkid, and those panties will just get torn off!

Getting defensive about granny panties now? There are better alternatives to a baggy underwear under your garments for a slimming smooth look. Could care less what someone looks like without. Lol
Respected Contributor
On 3/25/2014 Loves2save said:

What is the big deal. The question was asked what to wear and someone answered. I also wear the Rhonda Shear pin up panties they are great for maxis and look pretty unlike some granny panties you see elsewhere

Why play the granny panties card? The question wasn't asked what to wear under something, the question was what was Jayne on QVC talking about. As for your granny panties comment, late hubby always said why waste money on that fancy stuff, you're sexiest nekkid, and those panties will just get torn off!

Getting defensive about granny panties now? There are better alternatives to a baggy underwear under your garments for a slimming smooth look. Could care less what someone looks like without. Lol

Skimmies aren't baggy, apparently you've never seen them or tried them. Whatever works for you. Why do you or anyone care what underwear other women are wearing anyway? Geez.

The term "granny panties" is meant to be offensive, you used it, so own it at least.

Contributor
On 3/23/2014 ECBG said:

As Oprah suggested, just cut off your control top pantyhose that have "runs" just above the ankle (they draw up a bit) and use as a shaper!

I have actually done that. The bottom does start to roll up though.
Contributor
On 3/25/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 3/25/2014 Loves2save said:

Skimmies aren't baggy, apparently you've never seen them or tried them. Whatever works for you. Why do you or anyone care what underwear other women are wearing anyway? Geez.

The term "granny panties" is meant to be offensive, you used it, so own it at least.

I never said skimmies were granny panties. I said I wear Rhonda shear and they are a better alternative than wearing baggy granny panties under some garments. Granny panties are not offensive just another name for looser fitting underwear. If some prefer a less smooth look what do I care. Just mentioned another option. No big deal
Esteemed Contributor

I wore petty pants every day to high school (over my garter belt). Wouldn't it be fun it they came back along with angel blouses.

Honored Contributor
On 3/24/2014 Trix said:

I've not done that but I'm willing to give it a try. Maybe even answer the door the next time the JWs show up.