Respected Contributor

I would appreciate input from those SG customers that like her liquid knit and butter knit tops , or at least have worn one . Are they cool enough to wear in non air conditioned areas? in summer? I live in the Midwest and have hope that summer will come!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}I have never purchased any but would like a few for the non wrinkling aspect plus the claims that it is just as cool as woven fabric. I have noticed that polyesters blended with other fabrics have improved since years ago when first on the market.

I purchased a knit top from a thrift store that had the labels cut out. I have always loved it and found it comfortable even in hot weather. It is a go to for me. I have wondered if it was a SG. I guess I will probably just have to plunge in and try one from clearance to see. I would appreciate comments though.

Super Contributor

I like the liquid knit in the warm weather. It stays neat looking and doesn't get all soggy like cottons do.

I think the butter knit is a bit too heavy for warm weather for me.

Why don't you watch the lunch time specials for a liquid knit piece ... inexpensive way to try it.

Super Contributor
OMG!! I can't recommend SG knits in ANY weather..just like sitting in a steam spa....at least that has MY experience...hot and heavy...
Respected Contributor
I tried liquid knit top last year - and I live in AZ where it gets very hot - I cannot remember having any problems. My biggest mistake was purchasing a casual style dress from Linea which had either 8% or 10% spandex felt like I was wearing a sweat board all over - loved the dress but high spandex content just no good. Would agree with other posters try one see how you get on - it worked for me. Good luck.
Esteemed Contributor

Let me preface by saying, I'm very hot natured and I hate hot weather... why I still live where I do is a mystery even to me at times. It's not unusual for it to be in the 90's for weeks at a time in the summer, and the humidity is horrible.

That said, I have a lot of Susan's liquid knit, most with 3/4 sleeves, and I have no problem at all wearing it in the summer. I can stop by a nursery and stand out in the hot sun looking at plants, but I don't get any hotter than I do with any of my other clothes. In fact, the material is so light weight that a slight breeze can sometimes make it move on my body and that, to me, is somewhat cooling.

I have a number of 95 cotton/5 spandex tops and I actually find them to be hotter than my liquid knit. I hate 100% cotton because it just doesn't seem to keep its shape, it tends to wrinkle, and sometimes shrink, and most of it feels like a little heavier weight. I have none of those problems with Liquid Knit. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

I purchased my first...and last...liquid knit top a few years ago. I would never wear it when it's over 75 degrees out. It doesn't breathe and keeps my body heat in and I am not an overly warm person. I wear cotton in the summer.

Honored Contributor

I live in the midwest and I wear the liquid knit in the summer! Plus I usually have some type of cami on as well, ha! I don't like my belly exposed even tho the shirts totally cover my belly...

Esteemed Contributor
I also live in Arizona and many years ago I bought a SG top. Wore it once and gave it away. To hot. Couldn't even wear it in the winter in a freezing cold office.
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/8/2015 kittymomNC said:

Let me preface by saying, I'm very hot natured and I hate hot weather... why I still live where I do is a mystery even to me at times. It's not unusual for it to be in the 90's for weeks at a time in the summer, and the humidity is horrible.

That said, I have a lot of Susan's liquid knit, most with 3/4 sleeves, and I have no problem at all wearing it in the summer. I can stop by a nursery and stand out in the hot sun looking at plants, but I don't get any hotter than I do with any of my other clothes. In fact, the material is so light weight that a slight breeze can sometimes make it move on my body and that, to me, is somewhat cooling.

I have a number of 95 cotton/5 spandex tops and I actually find them to be hotter than my liquid knit. I hate 100% cotton because it just doesn't seem to keep its shape, it tends to wrinkle, and sometimes shrink, and most of it feels like a little heavier weight. I have none of those problems with Liquid Knit. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I agree with everything kitty mom said. I live in a hot and humid city in the Southeast. I even find butterknit to be fine in the summer.
Respected Contributor

Thank you so for your comments. I watched her show last night I am tempted to buy the top with the 2 colors, a little split and short sleeves. I loved that in pink with the little bit of orange-ish !{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} But the cheapskate in me probably won't let me buy one top for about $50!. I am retired and really do not need a lot of clothes . I am trying to build a nice looking but comfortable wardrobe for summer though . A lot of the neighborhood places I go do not have air conditioning or at least when the buildings get crowded they can be too warm. I will keep clicking for a bargain and give it a try.