Trusted Contributor

someone should remind some of the hosts that QVC sells spanx, and that they should buy and wear it! certain hosts who I happen to like (therefore I will not mention names) wear too tight or ill fitting clothes and it emphasizes their, as they like to say, lumps and bumps! it doesn't look good on tv, and considering the fact that they themselves sell shape wear to us!

another thing I don't like seeing is unkempt nails. if you're going to present jewelry and your hands are obviously going to be up there in HD, then please make an effort to get a manicure. it's your job for heavens sake! 

Respected Contributor

I certainly can't disagree with you on any of your comments.

One thing that really bothers me is when presenting jewelry the hosts have on wierd or conflicting colors of nail polish.  And some of them have nails that look like the claws on an animal.  Also there are some who have on obviously fake nails with the nail underneath showing and not too clean. There's no excuse!

You're presenting jewelry for goodness sake.

Trusted Contributor

Wow.Woman Sad

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

I have seen one of the MU venders who is always applying makeup with her fingers to models faces who has dirty nails as well. GROSS.

Honored Contributor

"Not to be mean, but..." you're going to be anyway!  It reminds me of when someone says "I don't mean to be rude, but..." and you just know that whatever she's about to say is going to be rude, rude, rude.  And that she meant every word!  Woman Mad

Respected Contributor

...so, if she didn't like the host, she'd publicly shame her ?????  

Honored Contributor

The hosts are people like me.  I agree that if there are going to be close up camera shots to the hands in jewelry presentations, try to have clean nails.

For me, as long as they are clean and wear clothes that fit them, I don't care if they are lumpy or bumpy.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: not to be mean, but....

[ Edited ]

Any time you feel the need to start a sentence with "not to be mean, but" you should probably just stop right there.

Same thing goes for anyone who feels the need to start any sentence with the phrase "I'm not a racist, but..."

Nothing good comes of sentences that begin with excuses.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care about lumps and bumps...gosh knows I have many...but I do mind when a host has unkempt nails...both the women and men....

Unless you are called to fill in for another host...you know your schedule...fix your nails before you go on...

Trusted Contributor
Venezia, it's unfortunate that you felt I was being rude. i simply voiced my opinion and it was certainly not mean spirited. I have nothing to gain from being rude and will not hurt anyone on purpose. if all opinions made in the contrary are to be deemed mean, then no one should be entitled to any. my observation was put to words in the hope that some of the hosts would put some effort into presenting themselves well to the public because after all, they are in the business of selling and therefore it's a part of their job.
have a nice day 😊