Valued Contributor

how much do you spend on tank tops

women with control has one for 50 dollar. ok I think that is way over priced? never bought any of her clothes not for me but the price for this top is too much. also notic other people charge almost this amount. do you think thats too much.

Respected Contributor

Re: how much do you spend on tank tops

NOT $50!!

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

A week or so ago Serena WIlliams had a today's special on which was a very cool (I think) open front cardi, very different from your typical ones, with fringe.  I bought it and three of her tank tops which were priced at $20 a piece ALL with FREE shipping.  I bought one solid color that's the same as the cardi and 2 prints, all size medium.  Beautiful colors, fit perfectly too. I can wear one of the prints with the color of the cardi too.

I was surprised they all fit so nicely (great fabrication too) because I don't usually have great like with her line.

$20 is not too bad I think.  She still has these online for the same price, still FREE shipping too.

Respected Contributor

for my needs yes! I usually just wear a tank top under a jacket or in the summer under an extremely lightweight  blouse. Around the house I may wear one to work in. $50.would be silly for my needs. It could be something a person on a job that requires more attention to wardrobe would find useful.

The most I have spent on a tank top recently was a 'for this hour only' on Evine. I think it totaled about $30. but had a lace front. I will probably wear it under a fall / winter jacket or cardigan.

@tockerman you are right --there are many $50. tank tops around!

Honored Contributor

The range for my tank tops is something like $1.99 - $9.99, possible a bit lower and maybe higher for a very good & different one.

Honored Contributor

$0.  I don't wear them.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

Old Navy tank tops are my favorite. They are longer and have stretch. They are the most comfortable and very inexpensive. They often have $2 tank sales in their stores.

Honored Contributor

Walmart (White Stag) and K-Mart USED TO have nice quality plain tanks (not those thin skinny things)................for less than $5.     Now, you have to get to Walmart on the day they deliver the few they stock...........and K-Mart is gone from here.      I wouldn't pay much more than that for an item with 2 seams...................     I have some "stashed", but eventually I'm gonna have to cave.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

That depends...dressy or casual, layer or wear alone. For me the casual and layering ones shouldn't cost me much, no more than $15. But if I am going to dress up and wear a tank that is going to be out there then I probably would spend more, likey around $30-$40. 

Honored Contributor

I  will pay up to $30.00 depending on the style and quality of material.