Respected Contributor

I am really liking the Joan Rivers boyfriend shirts.  Since I don't work in an office all her cute jackets were not useful to me.  My only problem with bf shirts is that every back is designed differently. And I like the tunic length.

Honored Contributor

I have one and I agree they are very nice but really too expensive for my budget. Like much of what is sold on QVC they are way overpriced for what you get IMO.

Honored Contributor

Re: boyfriend shirts

[ Edited ]

I'm so into boyfriend shirts or as Susan Graver calls her's, big shirts.  I have a very nice variety of SG's in styles & colors.  Many of Joan's are styled nicely too.  I want a red one so badly, they're hard to f ind but Joan has 2 styles and of course the one that I really want is sold out in my size.

And I agree a big/boyfriend shirt by anyone is pricey, more than $50, I'm out.  I continue to check 'as is' and clearance and find some good ones too.

Last week is a good example - there was a peachskin by Graver that I already have in a beautiful orchid purple that I love.  They had the same one on a $20 lunchtime special.  Two colors in my size - oh yeah I bought them!  One is a great shade of (hot) pink, the other is lapis blue (A257960).  Imagine - 2 for LESS than the price of this shirt originally!!!!!!  I was freaking out!  I washed them a little while ago, came ot beautifully.  Yesterday they had another lunch special of another SG style that I have (269292) - bought it too for under $20.  Love to wear these with leggings, skinny jeans or dream jeannes.  Nicer to hang out in at home instead of shlepping in sweats!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I'm so into boyfriend shirts or as Susan Graver calls her's, big shirts.  I have a very nice variety of SG's in styles & colors.  Many of Joan's are styled nicely too.  I want a red one so badly, they're hard to f ind but Joan has 2 styles and of course the one that I really want is sold out in my size.

And I agree a big/boyfriend shirt by anyone is pricey, more than $50, I'm out.  I continue to check 'as is' and clearance and find some good ones too.

Last week is a good example - there was a peachskin by Graver that I already have in a beautiful orchid purple that I love.  They had the same one on a $20 lunchtime special.  Two colors in my size - oh yeah I bought them!  One is a great shade of (hot) pink, the other is lapis blue (A275960).  Imagine - 2 for LESS than the price of this shirt originally!!!!!!  I was freaking out!  I washed them a little while ago, came ot beautifully.  Yesterday they had another lunch special of another SG style that I have - bought it too for under $20.  Love to wear these with leggings, skinny jeans or dream jeannes.  Nicer to hang out in at home instead of shlepping in sweats!!!!

@PINKdogWOOD

Can you post an item number?  I'd like to check them out. Thx.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Himi lover  I just did in fact - I always try to do this because I know someone will be asking!  The shirt I bought yesterday I got in the pacific teal.

And when you check the prices on both of these shirts now, the prices went up on both but at least the first one is on clearance for $38.  What a deal I got!!!

That 2nd shirt I misspoke - the lunchtime price was $23 not $20 - in any event, still a LOT less than the first one I have in the avocado green which is really a dark green - wore it on Christmas day.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Himi lover, just in case you did not notice the numbers for the SG items were in the third post - but here they are - IHTH:

A257960        and        A269292

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mzlg wrote:

Himi lover, just in case you did not notice the numbers for the SG items were in the third post - but here they are - IHTH:

A257960        and        A269292

@mzlg

Thank you.  Must be old age, I didn't notice the numbers.

Trusted Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Himi lover  I just did in fact - I always try to do this because I know someone will be asking!  The shirt I bought yesterday I got in the pacific teal.

And when you check the prices on both of these shirts now, the prices went up on both but at least the first one is on clearance for $38.  What a deal I got!!!

That 2nd shirt I misspoke - the lunchtime price was $23 not $20 - in any event, still a LOT less than the first one I have in the avocado green which is really a dark green - wore it on Christmas day.

@PINKdogWOOD

Thank you.  I didn't notice the numbers.  I'm not usually that dumb.

Honored Contributor

@Himi lover  No worries - I know I often miss something in other posts too.  I read them but some things just don't qite register at first.  I chalk it up to dare I say, old age at least for me!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I am really liking the Joan Rivers boyfriend shirts.  Since I don't work in an office all her cute jackets were not useful to me.  My only problem with bf shirts is that every back is designed differently. And I like the tunic length.

Hi @traveler

I wasn't sure what you mean by the problem being the different back designs...?

I just rec'd this one in navy and really like it and would recommend it.  It's all about the back pleats which are not voluminous and drape beautifully...

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~