Esteemed Contributor

I've not seen one that looks good on anyone, from the tallest to the smallest. Asymmetrical, shark bite, high low, well...I can't choose which one I dislike the least. Perhaps the shark bite: high in the crotch with flaps at the part of a woman we like to slim down, not look like riding pants or saddle bags. They're not for me. Like other trendy items, I just let them pass.

Respected Contributor

I have quite a few of the asymmetrical and the shark bite hemlines, pretty much all are One World. (I probably like the asymmetrical type better, but both are OK with me).  I am tall with long legs so I guess I can carry the look off fine. I just try to limit how many of these types of hemlines I buy though and look for more tops with the traditional straight across hemlines. The different hemlines have been around now for a few years now, I don't really see them going any where.... but, then again.... who knows..., no telling what these people will come up with next.... 😉.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I love them.  I have several from Indigo Thread.  I love wearing them with leggings with either a high scrunched boot or a higher heel bootie.  

Esteemed Contributor

I hated them at first, but now am warming to the idea.  I still haven't bought any - the ones I've tried on in the stores didn't look good on me.  I prefer shirts/tops that are longer in the back than the front - not so much the sharkbite styles with different lengths on the sides.  As is usual for me, but the time I learn to love them, they'll be out of style.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I was never quite sure about the uneven hem until I tried it. I am a little o/c and like everthing even too but after wearing some pieces, I like the variety it brings to my wardrobe.  I think I need to change it up sometimes.

Deb

Respected Contributor

I like them.  They work for me.  I'm tall - 5'8".

I usually wear a skinny/straight leg jean with them. 

I have such a variety of tops in my closet.  I don't box myself into one style, so I don't get sick of things quickly.

Contributor

hello

where do you get turtlenecks with asymmetrial hems?

thank u

queen betty

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I like them.  They work for me.  I'm tall - 5'8".

I usually wear a skinny/straight leg jean with them. 

I have such a variety of tops in my closet.  I don't box myself into one style, so I don't get sick of things quickly.

@bri20

I agree (as usual!)

While I'm aware of what specific shapes look best I never say never if something really appeals to me and/or looks great on a model I can relate to bodytype-wise.

Honored Contributor

@queen Betty wrote:

hello

where do you get turtlenecks with asymmetrial hems?

thank u

queen betty

@queen Betty    Soft Surroundings.  Fit and fabric is great ... price is a bit high, but worth it.

Honored Contributor

If you don't think shorter gals look good in the asymmetrical tops just check out Jessie from LOGOs blog. Jessie is only about 5ft 3 she says and she looks better than those models they trot out Monday nights.