Regular Contributor

an It Figures! plus-sized success story

I just wanted to share this with you, I hope this helps someone. I AGONIZED over buying a swimsuit for the coming season. I've put on a ton of weight, gosh, I was a size 10 (medium in most Q lines) when I started shopping here. Well that is a distant memory now. So I have been eyeing the It Figures! suits. I won't go through the agony of trying on suits at a brick and mortar...

So I decided to try http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A212200.tpl.detail?&cookie=set in the green. I bought size 18. My pants size is about 16 now (D&C Large). I'm only 5'2 and a half, very hourglass...38DDD with a relatively small waist and most of my weight in my hips and rear (48-49" hips). So I ordered this suit in an 18 and hoped for the best.

I can't believe how good this suit looks on me, considering my size and the fact that I'm short and 40+ lbs overweight. It is such a pretty design. The soft-cup bra is nicely sewn in and pretty substantial. I'm darned impressed with the support, and this isn't even part of the c or d cup and up lines. The only issue with the top that I have is that the straps are a bit too long because of my height, so I need to reduce the straps an inch or two by sewing them. That will pull up the bust the small amount more that is needed for me.

My overall figure looks really nice in this suit! You don't see any back fat, which I'm sure is the result of getting the right size, nothing is pulling or squeezing back there. The empire waist with band is really waist-accentuating and draws the attention upwards. Then the material just flows nicely over my rear, stomach and hips, clinging to none of them. I was really surprised! There are no lumps or bumps anywhere. The dress part comes low enough to cover my hips completely and even the worst of my thighs (somewhat because of my short height but it's not terribly long, I think it'll work for taller ladies too). I like that it's all one pattern rather than being a print on top and solid on the bottom because that cuts you in half, I think the single-pattern dress is very slimming.

I expected to cry or be very depressed after trying the suit, but I was so pleasantly surprised. After reading a lot of neg. reviews on this line, I have to say that the secret is probably in getting the right size. I am very very happy that I ordered this suit, and I'm so glad I didn't buy a plain black suit. I still have a lot of weight to lose and I'm not loving myself in a suit, but at least it's passable.