Honored Contributor

The world's fastest growing retailor (well one of them) Zara is coming to our mall.   Based in Spain, this chain has really gotten big.  I have been shopping online for quite a while.  Love their clothes!  I love this silver blouse.  Much cheaper then department store fare.  $69.00. Yet the clothes are a step  above H & M, Forever 21 etc. Really well made stuff.  I was just thinking how my shopping habits have changed.  No more Ann Taylor, Loft, Banana Republic, etc.  Instead I shop from Zara, Topshop, Madewell, Shopbop, etc. I purchase Topshop at Nordstrom.  Shopbop is Amazon's clothing center.  I no longer go to the mall as much as I used to.  Now with Zara opening, I might go and check it out.

Image 1 of SATEEN BLOUSE from Zara

Trusted Contributor

Re: Zara is coming to our mall

Which mall?

I remember reading that they were opening a huge store at mall of america

New Contributor

?

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps it's my 60+ age, but the Chicago Zara does nothing for me.  The store has been open for a few years now, and I've yet to make a purchase.  No, I'm not ready for polyester pull-on pants, or ho-hum stores like Talbots.  Excluding department stores which appeal to a variety of taste by design, the nationally known specialty clothing stores I prefer are Anthropologie, CUSP,  and Urban Outfitters.  TopShop and H&M are ok as I do make purchases there.  Forever 21 is another one I just don't get.  With respect to anyone who loves it, that store is a bunch of disposable stuff I wouldn't buy even if the intent were to only wear once. 

Honored Contributor

Zaras is in our mall but I've never been in there.

Aren't they the store with lots of embellished pieces in the window?

@Trix

While I've never actually walked in to a Forever 21 (I'm 56 and that would look silly!) I did pick up a piece on line after seeing it on someone else (and it was 8 bucks!!).

It's actually a nice little piece!

Image result for forever 21 faux leather peplum top

It's faux leather and adorable! I can't speak to anything else they carry but I'm happy with this..

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo, Zara's has some embellished items, but that doesn't seem to be the only direction in the store.  I would classify it as being highly trendy.  In other words, this is not investment dressing because you probaby won't want to wear most of these clothes after the season in which they were purchased.  There are ome exceptions to this, but that's my overall perception.  

Your experience with your Forever 21 purchase is how I discovered that H&M isn't so bad.  I bought a sweater there about 5 years ago and I'm still wearing it.  It's a simple loose knit popcorn stitch cardigan.  It's an open front  waist length kelly green, so it works with a lot of clothes year round. 

Respected Contributor

We have one opening this week.  I can't wait to check it out. 

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird

I love Zara.  Great quality. Great prices. Free shipping and returns

Trusted Contributor

I just purchased a pair of jeans and a top in Zara's yesterday.  Some of the clothes are too young and/or too embellished for me but I liked a lot of what I saw.  The jeans were about $50 and the top was on sale for $15.90.  There were a few sweaters I really liked and a winter coat I thought of purchasing but it was just too hot to think about winter yet.

Trusted Contributor

@Trix,

Zara started in Spain as a low priced fast fashion store for young people. They copy very well what other trendy designers do however do not expect super high quality. The top line is Uterqüe and unfortunately it does not exist in the US yet. 

They also copy from the top European designers and the quality is much better. Their accessories and shoes are remarkable obviously their prices are way higher than Zara's but still very reasonable🌻