Honored Contributor

Re: Yesterday I wore some really beautiful pants

Its not unusual for me to find an article of clothing I'd swear I never saw before.  It's a sign you've got too much.  The most recent was a nice Susan Graver shirt-jac in navy that feels like a lightweight wool.  Nicely made; have no idea when or why I bought it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

My clothing just shipped also (and my new bag!) but I did receive my smokeless indoor grill & induction cooking station! Really nice piece of equipment! Between that and the Q's appliance TSV (countertop convection oven)  I was able to give away and donate a bunch of clutter on my counters! Woohoo!

Just a few days ago I accidentally ran in to some vintage wash capris on clearance for $12.00 so those are on their way too! Woman LOL

Maybe I do have a problem? Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

That has never happened to me, but enjoy your pants and any other shopping surprises you find in your closet!  

I try to wear things within 2 weeks of purchasing. I also keep a database of my wardrobe so I know what I have in my closet. I use the Stylebook App if there any other organizer geeks interested. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma

Please tell me about this app you speak of!

Honored Contributor

I've done that before.  Often, when I get something just as the new stock comes into the store, I'll put it back because our weather won't allow me to wear it for several months but it was TOO perfect to pass up.

Esteemed Contributor

I can keep up with hanging garments, but those drawer and on the shelf folded items can slip my mind.  As I was ceaning and sorting my wardrobe for spring 2017, I was treated to a new dark green wool Aran stich turtleneck purchased during post Christmas 2015 sales.  I also found a couple of new Wacoal bra and panty sets.  I probably would not have forgotten about the undies, but they got tossed into my closet unopened in the shipping bag because they arrived during the time I became very ill over the holidays.  I knew what it was and tossed it in the closet to get to later, but somehow the mystery poltergeist shifted the bag to the back of the closet and it was out of sight.  

Honored Contributor

@Trix

I try to employ the rotation method in the closet; when it comes out of the laundry it's hung to the far right. It's much more difficult to do that with shelves! I'd have to rearrange every time I did laundry!

Still waiting on @wilma to tell us about her app!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@wilma

Please tell me about this app you speak of!

@Andreatoo there's an app called Stylebook.  Lets you catalogue and track your wardrobe.  I think I'm going to download it, looks very cool.

http://www.stylebookapp.com/

Thanks @wilma !

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@SeaMaiden

I can't even imagine that happening!

Why would you buy something you don't like?

@Andreatoo don't make me tell you about the monkey purse I bought.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Mj12 !

I'm definitely checking it out!