Valued Contributor

Re: Women Wearing the OBI...

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Iluvhandbags wrote:
Wonder how these women would feel to know their pics have been posted on here and are being ridiculed?

I don't think the majority of us are "ridiculing" the women per se.  We just don't like their choice of belts or outfits.  Many of these women are very pretty, but they lack a sense of style.  It's not a crime to not be stylish.

The OP and many of you ridiculing these women have stated repeatedly you don't like the Obi belt. I just get the sense this thread was started to mock the whole issue of the Obi belt on the TSV day knowing already there was a lot of negativity on the board. Just to stir the pot. Not intended as something positive. Then the post of the girl with the boots and the 'Ho' comment-the poster diidn't like it being suggested at her so she flags the mod. Can dish it but not take it. Yep, real funny...NOT! Not cool or entertaining. 

HARDLY!

Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Iluvhandbags wrote:
Wonder how these women would feel to know their pics have been posted on here and are being ridiculed?

I don't think the majority of us are "ridiculing" the women per se.  We just don't like their choice of belts or outfits.  Many of these women are very pretty, but they lack a sense of style.  It's not a crime to not be stylish.

The OP and many of you ridiculing these women have stated repeatedly you don't like the Obi belt. I just get the sense this thread was started to mock the whole issue of the Obi belt on the TSV day knowing already there was a lot of negativity on the board. Just to stir the pot. Not intended as something positive. Then the post of the girl with the boots and the 'Ho' comment-the poster diidn't like it being suggested at her so she flags the mod. Can dish it but not take it. Yep, real funny...NOT! Not cool or entertaining. 

HARDLY!

OH, YES GAZELLE Woman LOL 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

HARDLY!

I'm NOT her, but whatever floats your boat! M Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

HARDLY!

I'm NOT her, but whatever floats your boat! M Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

******************You haven't been reading the boards or you'd know what was being discussed.

Like so often, when you come in on the middle of a conversation, you don't have a clue!

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Himi lover wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

Now she looks fab!

I agree Himi.  The entire outfit works.  I love that pink coat!  It's gorgeous.  I wonder where she purchased it?

You could try googling the woman in the coat, Miroslava Duma as she's a fashion blogger one percenter and she has an instagram page.

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl

I am truly sorry that you found my comment about the girl in the boots offensive. Perhaps I got carried away and if I had the chance to rewind time I would not have posted that comment.

That said, while I read your comment, I did not, would not, have not flagged the moderator asking for it to be removed. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

The belt definitely looks best on long waisted, small busted very thin women. 

Trusted Contributor

From Vogue

image.jpgimage.jpg

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Himi lover wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

Now she looks fab!

I agree Himi.  The entire outfit works.  I love that pink coat!  It's gorgeous.  I wonder where she purchased it?

*************That coat wouldn't be hard to sew if you could find a goot seamstress they could easily adjust the pattern.

The style of this coat was first shown in white in ABC's Scandal a few years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

https://www.pinterest.com/marybrady940/coats/

I think this is the same coat, this image is from Pinterest and the page says that it's a Christian Dior coat. It makes sense as Miroslava Duma is carrying a Lady Dior handbag in the other photo where she's wearing a wide belt so it's likely that she's also wearing a Dior coat too.

Try looking through Vogue Pattern archives to see if you can find a similar pattern for the coat.

http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/vintage-vogue-pages-850.php