Esteemed Contributor

Wish we could edit our reviews

I wrote a good review for a corduroy shirt I ordered back in September.  I really, really loved it at first.  Then I washed it (in cold water) and it shrank.  It shrank A LOT.  I can't wear it now.   So, of course, I tried to edit my review to warn others that the shirt shrinks and the Q website won't let me.   

I learned a valuable lesson here -- always wait a few months before reviewing anything because you might change your mind.   And, don't always believe the reviews you read because a buyer may have changed her mind a few weeks later.  Just sayin' ........

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wish we could edit our reviews

I have had the same experience.   I find if I wait too long, I just don't bother writing a review at all.

Esteemed Contributor

The same thing happened to me ... they should allow us to edit our review ....unless they have corrected this even if you try to write a new review you get a message that you already reviewed the item.... I read the reviews before I purchase an item so they are important to me.

Respected Contributor

Here's a way I've found to BUY LESS:  Sort the reviews by low to high.  After I read a few of the low reviews, I don't buy it!  Saves me $$$.  Smiley Very Happy

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I don't put in a review until I've tried the item a handful of times.

Honored Contributor

If you have a change of heart about your original review, do an "UPDATE" review.  "UPDATE" should be your topic.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I don't put in a review until I've tried the item a handful of times.

Same here.  With fashion items I like to wait until I have laundered them to do a review.  Problem being, I usually forget about the review by then.  This is one of the reasons I so appreciate this forum.  It let's you hear more details about an item over a long period of time.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

If you have a change of heart about your original review, do an "UPDATE" review.  "UPDATE" should be your topic.

Can't be done.  As soon as you enter the item# it brings up the review you already wrote and you can go no further.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

Can't be done.  As soon as you enter the item# it brings up the review you already wrote and you can go no further.

You're correct.  I just tried it.  However, you can write a review if you set up a dummy account. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

When it comes to writing reviews, I don't always wait long enough before I review.  Sometimes I wish I can edit a good review....but once or twice I wrote a bad review on an item, then decide to keep it for a while and wound up loving it.  (I did this with a lip gloss once).  I rely a lot on reviews when deciding to buy an item. I also hate when I have to re-write a reivew a few times because of something I wrote that QVC didn't like and rejects it.  (Most of the time I have no idea what they didn't like about it).  If it's a positve review, then you can mention other products in your review but if it's a negative review and you mention another product then they reject it.  There is a lot of game playing when it comes to those reivews....IMO.