Honored Contributor

Re: Why only 3/4 length sleeves?

I like them. Long sleeves are fine too, but I rarely like short sleeves.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I guess its all perspective. There were several long sleeved things today, and I immediately said no because I live in a hot climate, and long sleeves just don't work for most of the year. I wouldn't wear them much.

They did a "poll" about a year ago, and most people preferred 3/4 over short sleeves. Don't recall them asking about long sleeves.

Super Contributor

I don't mind them so much in blouses , but why in jackets ? I liked a JR houndstooth jacket on fashion " weekend " , but it had 3/4 sleeves . They used to design jackets that way, back in the days when women wore white gloves . I remember my mother having suits like that . I'd be wearing it in the Fall or early-late Winter , and would freeze in 3/4 sleeves . Plus , I don't need it for work , so I wouldn't be wearing it under a long winter coat , so it's useless . Please design long sleeve jackets !
Honored Contributor

Too hot for summer; not warm enough for winter. Hate the darn things.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/2/2014 summerlust said:

I agree with you, I don't like them at all. Especially the sweaters, I'd freeze all winter long. So, can't wait for this trend to end, along with a few others.

I love the 3/4 sleeves...i use them three seasons......but i do agree with summerlust.....there is no way i can wear them in the winter...would definately freeze...just too cold in the northeast! Last year i remember there weren't a variety of long sleeve items presented by QVC....had to do most of my shopping at local stores that accomodated the climate in the area.

Trusted Contributor

Why? Easy. They can get more pieces cut out of a bolt of cloth. If they skimp a few inches per piece, think of now may more pieces they can cut.

Honored Contributor

I'm sooo delighted that the designers are pretty much putting 3/4 sleeves on all tops! I absolutely LOVE them! I'm tall and have long arms and long legs. I guess you can say I wore the style of 3/4 length sleeves and capris way before they became popular! That's just the way the previous styles looked on my tall body. Please don't ever go back to long sleeves! Yuck!!

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

I only buy 3/4 length sleeves...love them!

Esteemed Contributor

I hate them and will not buy any 3/4 sleeve tops

Super Contributor

For me 3/4 length is best for all seasons. Just sayin'