Frequent Contributor

Why do Lori Goldstein and host refer to the tops as "she"?

I actually enjoy some Lori's funky ways of dressing, and some of the fashions she introduces, but today around 5 PDT, watching the LOGO show, both she and the host were referring to each fashion top as "she/her."  As in "she looks beautiful with this jacket" You can wear her anywhere. Or... she comes in these colors.  At first I thought they were referring to the models. but NO. 

So...huh?  Can anyone explain?

Honored Contributor

Re: Why do Lori Goldstein and host refer to the tops as "she"?

Tops are people too! LOL
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

I think they feel it is "cute" perhaps?
Esteemed Contributor

Since she is a designer/creator, I think she feels that each piece is like a child, and you wouldn't call a child "it", unless you were an abusive parent.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I watched and heard thst too.  I seem to think it's a new thing.  I can't remember hearing it before.  It was kinda strange.

Frequent Contributor

They have been doing it for awhile......and Amy does it now with handbags, too......it is a little odd, but I think it is meant to be endearing?
Valued Contributor

Of course they are people!  Renee always says she give birth to hers!  Heart:woman

Esteemed Contributor

Fashion designers personify their creations.
Valued Contributor

Spoiler

Maybe they could start giving out names/place of birth on each apparel item. Kind of like the cabbage patch craze. This way we can all feel like we have a new baby/friend!!!!! Yikes-it is strange to refer to a t-shirt as a"her."

Anything for a sale!

Cabbage Patch Kids Special Edition Celebration Baby

Esteemed Contributor

It seems a little too cutesy for me... calling each other Am & Lor, calling clothing she and her, pieces called "permission to play", and once again "climbing into the clothes" -- the whole show still seems disjointed to me, with walking all over the set, dragging the rack at times, everyone sometimes not seeming to know where they're supposed to be...  I don't know if they're trying to portray "young and hip" or what, but I can't watch much of Inspired Style or the "Lor" hour.  I flip it over to see what's being shown from time to time, but that's about it.